Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got approved Amex Delta CC

tag
chopperacn
New Contributor

Just got approved Amex Delta CC

Just got approved for Amex Delta Gold CC.

Yesterday I called up Amex 'cz my Gold Charge card was declined when I went to buy a TV at best buy.Reason they gave was that my other accout balances had sudden increase over the last month(My Util went from 4% to 40%) and 'cz of that my proxy limit was cut down to $2000.

Just dared to apply online for Delta Gold CC for the 25000 bonus delta miles and was instantly approved with CL of 4K.

Never figured out what Amex wants to see in a CR.

My FICO's are TU:671 and EQ:673 EX: Dont know.Have 18 Inquires on my EQ and 9 in my TU since past 2 years.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just got approved Amex Delta CC

hey...

niiiceeee - that is nicee man  - always wanted one of those I tell you...

anyway can you share some info - like ur FICO scores and what CBR did they pull? what income did you put in etc?

I want an amex of mine sooo bad - u dont understand! the free miles are awesome...

Does anyone think I could be approved with EQ fico of 708 and EX 721 (PLUS) - from amex website (Im an AU on my sis's amex) - income of 50k?

Message 2 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats on your new card....
Message 3 of 13
Established Contributor

Congratulations and enjoy the free flight!

Message 4 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Great job! Nice way to overcome adversity!
Message 5 of 13
chopperacn
New Contributor

They pulled EX for me (PLUS score 712).Util was 40%.Income 95000 p.a

Message 6 of 13
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Doesn't this card have a $80 annual fee?

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 13
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@cdtotten wrote:

They have a $95 annual fee, but they waive it for the first year. I got one for the opening perks, 20 or 25K airline miles (can't remember) plus free companion ticket. If I use the card for a certain amount (15K ?) by the end of December, I'll get an extra15K bonus miles...but I don't know if I'll reach that one.

My decision will be whether or not to keep it when the AF kicks in next year...we've had that discussion already here in the forums.

I just got the card in May, and asked for my first CLI increase today. Mine only started out at 2K because I'm the owner, and I only work part-time as a nurse right now (student). They didn't take my husband's income into account. They approved me for 6K today if my income confirms OK. I had to sign the IRS form to have them be able to get my tax forms from the gov. I should be OK, but my income varies and I can't for the life of me remember what I told them I made last May. I can work a lot...or I can work a little??? We'll see what happens.

Message 8 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@LynetteM wrote:

@cdtotten wrote:

They have a $95 annual fee, but they waive it for the first year. I got one for the opening perks, 20 or 25K airline miles (can't remember) plus free companion ticket. If I use the card for a certain amount (15K ?) by the end of December, I'll get an extra15K bonus miles...but I don't know if I'll reach that one.

My decision will be whether or not to keep it when the AF kicks in next year...we've had that discussion already here in the forums.

I just got the card in May, and asked for my first CLI increase today. Mine only started out at 2K because I'm the owner, and I only work part-time as a nurse right now (student). They didn't take my husband's income into account. They approved me for 6K today if my income confirms OK. I had to sign the IRS form to have them be able to get my tax forms from the gov. I should be OK, but my income varies and I can't for the life of me remember what I told them I made last May. I can work a lot...or I can work a little??? We'll see what happens.

An FR for $6K - they're nuts.
Message 9 of 13
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

An FR for $6K - they're nuts.

I think so, too...but all it required was a signature, so we did it. We're so used to this because a large part of our income is self-employment income. We always have to prove we don't need the money.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.