mross1080
Established Contributor

Re: Just got approved for Amex Zync

Congrats!

Message 2 of 11
monicar2009
New Contributor

If you don't mind me asking, did they ask you for pay stubs or anything of that matter since you are younger than 21? I'm asking for my son since he is around your age and he works off the books.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh no problem. They didn't ask for any paystubs just filled out the form online and about 60 sec later it said congrats your card will arrive in 7-10 days. Anything else you would like to know just let me know.
Message 4 of 11
tobey
Contributor

Color me confused then. I thought due to the CARD Act, people under 21 had to provide proof of income or have a co-signer...

Starting Score: 737
Current Score: 777
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 11
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

@monicar2009 wrote:

If you don't mind me asking, did they ask you for pay stubs or anything of that matter since you are younger than 21? I'm asking for my son since he is around your age and he works off the books.

That's good question. I'm currently 20, and I got appoved not too long ago. I first called AMEX and tried applying over the phone but the CSR wouldn't let me & replied "we can't have people under the age of 21 applying over the phone", then he told me to go on their website and apply there.I asked him what's the difference, he replied "I don't know but I do know that you can if you're under 21". I don't know what's the difference either from applying over the phone or online but anyway I  took his advice & filled out the online application.  Then BAM! Approved. As Far as I'm concerned, if you're under the age of 21 you cannot apply over the phone; however, if there's proof of income, then you can apply online if you're under the age of 21.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 6 of 11
monicar2009
New Contributor

Go figure. I wonder how it is with other companies then like discover.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah you have to state your annual income and they take your word as proof enough i guess.

Message 8 of 11
mross1080
Established Contributor

They dont take your word for it. Make sure to tell the truth on that and that whatever you put is verifiable. If you get FR'd the info should match.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI mross is absolutely right. It isn't them taking your word as much as it's "We'll check on this later" you should ALWAYS use accurate and verifiable information. OP congrats on your approval well done.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.