cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got approved for Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card 1.5%!

tag
machine
Established Member

Just got approved for Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card 1.5%!

I've been shopping around for a card to use as a flat CB "catchall" for all expenses for quite a while such as large internet purchases, misc, etc. I've been debating on jumping on the Fidelity 2% Amex, but with all the horrible reviews on FIA and their web interface..... I was hesitant to do so. I was also afraid of having to deal with headaches from FIA in the event I have any fradulent charges or need to request chargebacks due to issues with any vendors for my own protection.

Anyways, I've shopped around and the new Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards card @ 1.5% CB looks actually quite good. I have a Sony Card with Capital One that I signed up for a few years back to get their signup bonus, but after that I've sock drawered it since. I went through Capital One's chat service and asked the rep if I could convert the card over to the Quicksilver Cash Rewards, but unfortunately they said that wasn't an option.

So what the heck, I went ahead and applied for the card right now and got an instant approval for $7,500 CL. I'm pretty satisfied as this 1.5% CB will be my "catchall" card for all other expenses that don't fit in the categories for Chase Freedom & Discover.

I called Chase today to downgrade me from the Sapphire Preferred to just regular Sapphire since I've already capitalized on their 400$ sign up bonus and I don't want to pay their 95$ annual fee. So I think this is good timing since my Chase Sapphire is not longer a Visa Signature, but this new Capital One QuickSilver will be Visa Signature with all the benefits.

Let me know if you guys have any questions on details that may help you decide wheter you'll get approved!! I'm debating if I should go on a spree and apply for PenFed!!

Last app: 7/14/13
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Just got approved for Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card 1.5%!

@machine wrote:

I've been shopping around for a card to use as a flat CB "catchall" for all expenses for quite a while such as large internet purchases, misc, etc. I've been debating on jumping on the Fidelity 2% Amex, but with all the horrible reviews on FIA and their web interface..... I was hesitant to do so. I was also afraid of having to deal with headaches from FIA in the event I have any fradulent charges or need to request chargebacks due to issues with any vendors for my own protection.

@Anyways, I've shopped around and the new Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards card @ 1.5% CB looks actually quite good. I have a Sony Card with Capital One that I signed up for a few years back to get their signup bonus, but after that I've sock drawered it since. I went through Capital One's chat service and asked the rep if I could convert the card over to the Quicksilver Cash Rewards, but unfortunately they said that wasn't an option.

So what the heck, I went ahead and applied for the card right now and got an instant approval for $7,500 CL. I'm pretty satisfied as this 1.5% CB will be my "catchall" card for all other expenses that don't fit in the categories for Chase Freedom & Discover.

I called Chase today to downgrade me from the Sapphire Preferred to just regular Sapphire since I've already capitalized on their 400$ sign up bonus and I don't want to pay their 95$ annual fee. So I think this is good timing since my Chase Sapphire is not longer a Visa Signature, but this new Capital One QuickSilver will be Visa Signature with all the benefits.

Let me know if you guys have any questions on details that may help you decide wheter you'll get approved!! I'm debating if I should go on a spree and apply for PenFed!!

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 22
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Congratulations.  I think QS sounds like a good card, simple 1.5% reward, no AF, no FTF.

I want to convert mine but the EO office says they are going through millions (?) of existing accounts to determine who is eligible to convert to this.  (Now, I would think some simple computer program might be able to do this a little faster but....)

My only disagreement is choosing against the Fidelity Amex because of the difficulty of dealing with FIA and their website.   While the website LOOKS very old-fashioned, it works pretty well, better than PenFed and US Bank for example which don't show pending transactions.   As you can see from the thousands of posts here, Capital One hardly has a reputation as easy to do business with!  But hopefully no need to contact them very much, and their website is pretty good (and looks like it was created post 1995).

Message 3 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 22
Open123
Super Contributor

Nice choice!

In my view, I think this is the best general no hassle cashback card available today.  Fid Amex is 2%, but requires a brokerage account; and, frankly, for Amex purchases, I'd rather use spg or an MR based card.  Priceline 2% no longer exists.  JCB 3% if only available in CA and HI, but is limited to Discover network.

Can't beat no annual fee, no forex, Visa and *MOST* importantly, no redemption restrictions!  If I have $3.50 cashback, I can just redeem it into my deposit account.  I just can't stand the $25 and $50 increment restrictions.

Message 5 of 22
Open123
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

I want to convert mine but the EO office says they are going through millions (?) of existing accounts to determine who is eligible to convert to this.  (Now, I would think some simple computer program might be able to do this a little faster but....)

So, are they going to notify you regarding eligibility, or are you supposed to follow up with them periodically?

Message 6 of 22
jna
New Contributor

I have a prudential world mastercard from fia.I've never encountered any problems with them. CS is great as well as their credit analysts.I had this card for only about 4-5 months and they increased my credit limit from 1000-5500.They gave me also a 0% BT for 12 months.I'm planning to request for a credit line increase again  a few months from now.They've been good to meSmiley Happy

Chase Freedom($5,500),Chase Ink Cash($3,000),Amex PRG(NPSL),Amex Blue Cash Everyday($2,000),Amex Hilton Surpass($2,000),Amex Blue Cash Everyday($2,000),BBVA Compass Clearpoints($5,000),Discover IT($5,000),Citi Hilton VS($5,500),Citi HIlton Reserve VS($10,500),Prudential World Mastercard($5,500),Capital Quicksilverone-no AF ($2000),Macy's Card($400)

Message 7 of 22
jna
New Contributor

ForgotSmiley Happy Amex Hilton Honors($2,000).Future cards:CSP,Citi Diamond Prefferred and AMEX SPG.

Message 8 of 22
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

So, are they going to notify you regarding eligibility, or are you supposed to follow up with them periodically?

I think at some stage if you are eligible they will tell you.  He said the process is taking months. 

As usual, the rules seem to be a little over-complex.   I have a Capital One card from 1999 that doesn't earn any awards (It did at one point.....)   Apparently on his own he would be able to convert the card to a Venture (with AF) or Venture One.  He could also ask the rewards office to see if they could add a 1% cash back reward, but couldn't do this himself.   I said that I still wouldn't use the card with any of those, but he convinced me to go for the 1% as that wouldn't prevent future conversion to QS.    My other card has Cash Rewards benefits (from a previous EO intervention) and I didn't want to try to turn that into QuickSilver because of losing the annual rewards already earned.  On that card, I had applied for a CLI online, and got back responses that no credit file could be found.  So I asked the EO to check that.

See what happens next week.

As usual, lots of fun dealing with them, but fortunately, the outcome doesn't really matter to me!

Message 9 of 22
thecentury303
New Contributor

Congrats !

Capital One Cash Rewards for New Comer: $1,500 (09/12), Local Credit Union: $1,500 (10/12), Chase Freedom: $1,500 (04/13), Discover IT: $2,100 (04/13), AMEX Gold Charge Card: NPSL (06/13), AMEX BCE: $6,000 (06/13), Chase United Explorer: $6,000 (10/13), Chase Ink Cash: $3,000 (10/13), Barclays Arrival Platinum: $3,000 (10/13), US Bank Flexperk Travel Rewards: $5,000 (01/14), Capital One Venture: $5,000 (01/14), Citi AA World MC: $6,500 (01/14),Citi AA Executive World Elite MC: $5,000 (01/14)
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.