cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got approved for Zync. What is next product up in American Express family?

tag
toytoy
Regular Contributor

Just got approved for Zync. What is next product up in American Express family?

So just looking at postings and saw this one where someone was approved for zync but had to connect his checking account up with it. Never was really interested in an American Express card but said why not. So as I am waiting for the denial screen I get you are approved. Now I see if I apply for another charge card today they count it as one pull. Which is the next step up in the American Express products after the Zync. 

Starting Score: EQ 603~TU 613
Current Score: EQ 763~TU 706
Goal Score: 810

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Re: Just got approved for Zync. What is next product up in American Express family?

Green or plain Gold for charges.
Message 2 of 7
toytoy
Regular Contributor

Re: Just got approved for Zync. What is next product up in American Express family?

Sorry to bother you again but I never had a card so I am not worried about backdating it. Should I apply for the charge like you mentioned or the credit like the blue card?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@toytoy wrote:

Sorry to bother you again but I never had a card so I am not worried about backdating it. Should I apply for the charge like you mentioned or the credit like the blue card?

Their Charge Cards are easier to get then their Credit Cards, your Siggy shows a very good EQ Score and a so so TU, are those FICOS and do you have any idea what your EX FICO is? AmEx is known to pull EX for their CC's but there have been instances they will pull TU as well when apping for their Charge cards.

To answer your question, the Gold is a step up from the Zync, but also carries a 125 AF I believe (I have the PR Gold and I believe the AF is 175 can't remember LOL) chances are you will not be approved for a second AmEx today, but yes, its been said you can do two AmEx apps in one day and only get hit with one hard, its up to you, why not shoot for the stars and go for the Blue??

Best of Luck!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wanted to edit my last post, but in case you're reading it now, didn't want you to miss this, in your OP you say the screen says if you apply for another Charge Card it will only be one hard pull, so it sounds like they want you to app for a Charge Card not a Credit Card ( I missed that when I read your post the first time) so the next step would be the Green or Gold, I'm not sure if the Green has an AF.

I also forgot to mention the Green in my other post, sorry for that.

Message 5 of 7
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Toytoy,

Did the Amex site tell you it'd be the same pull, or did you read that here on the forums? That is the talk here on the board, but I don't think I've read about it saying that on the Amex site itself.
Message 6 of 7
toytoy
Regular Contributor

It is confirmed it is talk on the boards. They pulled TU for the 2nd one but oh well lesson learned. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.