cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got denied for Walmart Credit card?

tag
glendazamot
Regular Contributor

Just got denied for Walmart Credit card?

My middle score is 617. I have seen other people here with lower scores and approved. I have a year and a half car loan that has been on time every month, also about a month ago opened a capital one secured credit card. However I have 2 charge offs and 1 collection that has been paid. Also, My mom has a walmart cc and she has me as an authorized user, payments have been ontime and her util is 29%. Any idea why I was denied? Also, per my LO ( trying to get a mortgage) I need more revolving credit so what should I do if I keep being denied. Also my scores are experian 632, equifax 628 and TU 617.
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
learnin113
Established Contributor

Re: Just got denied for Walmart Credit card?

In all honesty those scores are quite low, and if they pulled TU (most likely), that is not even borderline.  You can always try to recon and explain away the baddies.

Message 2 of 20
Jlu
Established Contributor

Do you have any baddies with GEMB or GECRB?

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 3 of 20
glendazamot
Regular Contributor

Jlu, no I do not have any baddies with them, however I had a credit card with them back in 2003 which I closed shortly after but was never late. Learnin113, can you please explain what recon is? Also, I know most people see my credit scores as low right now but before I got my car loan my score was 494!! I kniw is a long road but where I came from am half way there.
Message 4 of 20
Jlu
Established Contributor

Okay I asked because before I managed to GW some GEMB lates I was unable to get any GE-backed cards. You should wait until your TU is > 630 and re-app. Recons are few and far between with GE - it seems they are almost completely computerized in their decisions. Wait for the letter and let us know what the denial reasons are.

EDIT: Recon = Reconsideration. Exactly what it sounds like. You ask an underwriter to review your application. Sometimes the computers deny what a human would approve.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 5 of 20
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Try to recon using the backdoor number.  This way you will have an actual person looking at your CR and not an automated system.  It's worth a try.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 20
glendazamot
Regular Contributor

How can I get the backdoor #?
Message 7 of 20
Jlu
Established Contributor

@glendazamot wrote:
How can I get the backdoor #?

From us. 877-294-7548 or 877-294-8770

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

The first one is Walmart ? I called and was denied at target , I would like a recon too!
Message 9 of 20
glendazamot
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the phone # but had no luck. Underwriting denied to disclose the reason why it was denied and insisted that there is nothing they can do to review just to wait for the letter which I will receive from 7-10 days : (
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.