cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got denied for Walmart Credit card?

tag
Jlu
Established Contributor

Re: Just got denied for Walmart Credit card?

Don't feel bad - that's typical for GE. They are nothing like Barclays or Chase when it comes to recons.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 11 of 20
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@glendazamot wrote:
My middle score is 617. I have seen other people here with lower scores and approved. I have a year and a half car loan that has been on time every month, also about a month ago opened a capital one secured credit card. However I have 2 charge offs and 1 collection that has been paid. Also, My mom has a walmart cc and she has me as an authorized user, payments have been ontime and her util is 29%. Any idea why I was denied? Also, per my LO ( trying to get a mortgage) I need more revolving credit so what should I do if I keep being denied. Also my scores are experian 632, equifax 628 and TU 617.

Walmart GE doesn't recon. Some GE CCs will, but WM won't.

617 is really low. I can't say that I've seen anyone with lower scores being approved for GE. Also, 29% util is on the high side. Being an AU on her card may be doing you more harm than good. <10% is ideal.

Are the COs paid? If so, I'd GW them and GW the CA, too. If they're not paid, maybe you can PFD. I'd really try to work on getting the baddies off your CR. Beyond that, you just need to wait and keep paying your car loan and CC on time, and wait for your score to improve over time.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 12 of 20
glendazamot
Regular Contributor

Thank you! Good info.
Message 13 of 20
glendazamot
Regular Contributor

Just received denial in my email and it says this:
Your Credit Score:  403
Date:  09/04/2012
Scores range from a low of 300 to a high of 620.

What ???? The scores that I got from my fico are TU617 and Equifax628 , i got Experian from another website and is 632... Can someone tell me where they got this score from??
Message 14 of 20
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@glendazamot wrote:

What ???? The scores that I got from my fico are TU617 and Equifax628 , i got Experian from another website and is 632... Can someone tell me where they got this score from??

That's their internal score system.  Don't worry, it's not a FICO score.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 15 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@learnin113 wrote:

In all honesty those scores are quite low, and if they pulled TU (most likely), that is not even borderline.  You can always try to recon and explain away the baddies.

GECRB does not do recons, you have to re-app.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@glendazamot wrote:

GECRB uses an in-house scoring system, which is what the 403 score is. If the scoring model does not reflect 300-850 they did not use a FICO score. They are known to use either depending on the card your applying for. AFAIK they use FICO scores for CLI's.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 20
glendazamot
Regular Contributor

Wow, which card actually uses Fico scores, does anyone know?
Message 18 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@glendazamot wrote:
Wow, which card actually uses Fico scores, does anyone know?

Discover is known to use FICO scores.

AMEX uses FICO scores.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 19 of 20
glendazamot
Regular Contributor

Thanks!!
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.