Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got hit by the credit crunch....

tag
USC08
Frequent Contributor

Just got hit by the credit crunch....

GE Money Bank just cut my Sams Club Discover CL from $5400 to $100..............................

They havn't touched my other card which is a Dillards AMEX......yet.......

Anyone have success of restoring their credit limit? I know they are difficult to deal with....

any suggestions would be appreciated.....

myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Just got hit by the credit crunch....

OMG, that's worse then Amex.

So far I have not gotten CLI from any of the GE cards, but they also have not cut CL's.

I also have dillards amex, ebay, sams business.

Message 2 of 10
USC08
Frequent Contributor

I just called the escalated help desk line in the backdoor thread and they said i have to wait for the letter in the mail to see why...
Message 3 of 10
USC08
Frequent Contributor

has anyone had success getting their CL restored whether it be SamsClub Discover or any gemb or other banks?
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pls let us know as soon as you get that letter.  I have a Sams Club card.  tks Good Luck vicki
Message 5 of 10
UpNUp
Regular Contributor

They just doubledSmiley Happy my GEMB backed Lowes card from 2K to 4K. Card is about 6 months old. I'm retired and spend a lot of money at Lowes for home improvement projects and always PIF.
Message 6 of 10
hopeagain
Contributor

USC08 wrote:

GE Money Bank just cut my Sams Club Discover CL from $5400 to $100..............................

Anyone have success of restoring their credit limit? I know they are difficult to deal with....

any suggestions would be appreciated.....

Wow. You got hit hard! Has anything changed on your reports?

I used my Sams card today & they offered me a Sam's discover card. I was thinking  that it was getting better.

Message 7 of 10
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

I have a Walmart card with a crappy $600 dollar limit, opened in 9/07. I only used it once, to buy some DVD's for $34 and then PIF. It has been in the sock drawer, even though I go to Walmart frequently (I just never think to bring a CC unless I plan to use it). I checked my credit two weeks ago and they lowered the limit to $124 (where they got this weird # from, who knows). Overthe weekend, I charged 2 DVD's on the card (I figured use it or lose it). I checked my account today to make sure I knew the statement closing date, and they have now restored the $600 limit. I guess they play games just to make you use the card. I have a Lowe's with a $1500 limit that I used once, and PIF. They haven't touched that one.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@USC08 wrote:

any suggestions would be appreciated

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you use the card often, or at all?  Credit card companies are decreasing limits where cards aren't being used. Some even decreasing limits because of the part of the country you live in.

My only experience with a decreased limit  was on a JC Penney GEMB  card a few years ago. I hadn't used the card in over 10 years at the time and didn't even have a card to use.  When I called to ask for a new card the CSR told me my limit was being decreased from $500 TO $100. She said my limit would be increased after I showed usage and payments on the card for 3 months.  3 months later I had an $1800 limit....3 months after that another $600. All this with only 4 charges to the card and quick payoffs.

Of course my situation wasn't the same as yours...but similar...often we lose what we don't use.

Message 9 of 10
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I have a Sams Discover with a limit of $5200. I use it for Score Watch each month. No CLDs yet. *Fingers crossed*
Here we go again...
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.