Just got my AMEX Everyday Card, Question about making payments

tag
topgunvf
Regular Contributor

Re: Just got my AMEX Everyday Card, Question about making payments

@arkanewrote:

@Gregory1776wrote:

@topgunvfwrote:

@Anonymous of all congrats on the ED and WELCOME TO THE AMEX FAMILY! Unfortunately yes, Amex only allows one payment to be processed for the first month while they "get to know you" I call it and your intial payment method processes. After the first month you can pay as many times as needed. Some have been able to "push" payments through their online banking (see @Anonymous's for details) during the first month.

-Also note that you wont see any account from AMEX on your report until after the 2nd statement cuts regardless so no need to sweat the balance reported as it won't be on your report yet Smiley Happy  

YUP they’re going to take forever to report. So dont sweat it too much.

Not a bad thing honestly. Your AAoA and AoYA both take less of a hit when it finally reports. If they only start reporting by month 3, you're already about 10 points ahead! 

****** THIS INDEED ******

I love that this happens usually.....

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@topgunvfwrote:

@Anonymous of all congrats on the ED and WELCOME TO THE AMEX FAMILY! Unfortunately yes, Amex only allows one payment to be processed for the first month while they "get to know you" I call it and your intial payment method processes. After the first month you can pay as many times as needed. Some have been able to "push" payments through their online banking (see @Anonymous's for details) during the first month.

-Also note that you wont see any account from AMEX on your report until after the 2nd statement cuts regardless so no need to sweat the balance reported as it won't be on your report yet Smiley Happy  

Thank you for the information. I just received my ED card, as well. Excited to have my foot in the door with them! 

Message 12 of 27
topgunvf
Regular Contributor

Glad I could help! And of course more importantly welcome to the Amex family! Treat it well and you'll be rewarded!

Message 13 of 27
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

So I just recently got my card, and have used it a few times over the last 2 weeks.

First transaction was for 64.99 - after that posted, I immediately applied a payment of 54.99 to bring my balance down to $10.00 - I do this to keep my balance low because I only want $10.00 to report, then I will PIF.

I ended up buying a couple more things yesterday, and those charges have now posted, and I am showing a balance of $114.15.

So today I am trying to again, pay $104.15 to bring the balance down to $10.00, but it currently is saying "Payment not required at this time, your statement balance has been paid in full".  This seems strange as I just got the card and I dont think i've had it long enough to generate a statement yet.

Does Amex not allow you to make multiple payments in a cycle?

Call in to make your payment. They restrict their online payments to 1 during the first 30 days. After that, you can make multiple payments. Been there. Done that. Called in my payment and it was easy peasy! They even posted it immediately.

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

My Amex BCE was opened 1/14, first statement cut 2/8, and the account was reported to the CB's 2/12 with statement balance.  

Me too .Opened 1/13/18. 2 separarr cards .Statements closed 2/7/18. One card reported to the CB on the 12th .The second reported on the 14th with a balance (ugh! Oh well). I mentioned this yesterday also because people such as topgunvf need to stop acting like its set in stone that amex reports after 2 statement cycles .Maybe they used to .Maybe its a YMMV. Which is why when I always post on here in reference to something that I'm not 100% sure of I always mention YMMV. Everyone's different or rules can change on a daily basis .Don't be misleading others is how I feel about it .Anyway I just wanted to throw that out there since you mentioned it also. Clearly I'm not the only one it happened to.

Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@topgunvfwrote:

@arkanewrote:

@Gregory1776wrote:

@topgunvfwrote:

YUP they’re going to take forever to report. So dont sweat it too much.

Not a bad thing honestly. Your AAoA and AoYA both take less of a hit when it finally reports. If they only start reporting by month 3, you're already about 10 points ahead! 

****** THIS INDEED ******

I love that it's their policy to do so.

@arkane

@Gregory1776

@topgunvf

FALSE. this is not "policy" or set in stone .Or else it would be true for everyone. Be careful with misleading on here. It is very much YMMV or they changed policy. Me and several others have just recently had our new accounts report well before 2 statement cuts. Just letting you know. Everyone on here acted like it was for sure and so I didn't sweat it. Well now I'm at 50% UTI on my credit report on one of my new amex card because3 it reporter much earlier than 2 statements. And I'm not too happy about it. Sure its only temporary but I expected 2 statements as so many on here had said .Just figured I'd let y'all know so that you don't inform others of this "policy" 

Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently got the BCE. I received my card Feb.7th. Statement cut Feb. 13th and was reported to the CRA yesterday. I also was expecting two months as everyone says..but it certainly was not the case for me. 

Message 17 of 27
RadioRob
Established Contributor

I’m not questioning anyone else but just as an additional data point, my EDP reported after the second statement with the second statement balance.
Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone for your input!  I am going to call and ask to make a payment that way.

Message 19 of 27
topgunvf
Regular Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

My Amex BCE was opened 1/14, first statement cut 2/8, and the account was reported to the CB's 2/12 with statement balance.  

Me too .Opened 1/13/18. 2 separarr cards .Statements closed 2/7/18. One card reported to the CB on the 12th .The second reported on the 14th with a balance (ugh! Oh well). I mentioned this yesterday also because people such as topgunvf need to stop acting like its set in stone that amex reports after 2 statement cycles .Maybe they used to .Maybe its a YMMV. Which is why when I always post on here in reference to something that I'm not 100% sure of I always mention YMMV. Everyone's different or rules can change on a daily basis .Don't be misleading others is how I feel about it .Anyway I just wanted to throw that out there since you mentioned it also. Clearly I'm not the only one it happened to.

Clearly you missed my post after in response to prestige4 that there were others that had that happened. And then said YMMV but it's all good. We appreciate these DP's as this is the first it appears were starting to see it happen. Were both your cards revolvers or one revolver one charge and which reported right away?

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.