Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got my APR reduced on BofA

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Just got my APR reduced on BofA

Agree BofA is a bank you can actually rely on from their reps, application process, BT transfers, CLI, Online acct managing, everything is awesome and very well explained/detailed.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 11 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@corymcd88 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Well done with the APR reduction.  Of noteworthy, partner-branded cards cannot be PC'd except perhaps if it's to a similar program such as the Travel Rewards.  Then again, since their product policies change every so often, perhaps when you come out of the garden you can contact them to see what options are available at that point.

Not always true, My mum had a OLD US Airways card by BOA and she was able to PC to 123 Cash card you just have to call after they PC to make sure they remove the AF.

The former US Airways CC was a legacy product from NationsBank which was folded into their suite of non-standard products (which included the America West Visa CC before merging both products into 1) hence why it could be PC'd.  As I mentioned in my earlier post, BoA reviews these PC policies frequently and there are some CCs that cannot be PC'd into.  For instance, it was no issue to PC 123 Cash Rewards into Privileges CR - no longer can be done (unless minimum $50K ACB is parked with BoA/Fidelity/Merrill).  However, BoA will take a new application for the Privileges CR without having to meet the $50K depository minimum.

Message 12 of 14
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

Congrats lhcole!  You seem to have very good results with APR reductions.  You can have more than one Alaska cards (I had two at one point) and down the road use those limits as leverage for approvals - similar to Chase.  BoA seems to look at total exposure.  When they approved my Virgin Atlantic card they offered $5k limit, so I asked about closing one Alaska card and moving that limit to Virgin Atlantic.  They had no problem doing it.

Thanks man. I've been pretty fortunate in the APR department. Low APRs are important to me for those "just-in-case" moments/emergencies in life. In the event I have to carry a balance I want to know that it won't cost me too much extra.

Thanks for info on Alaska card. Have you cashed your miles in for a trip? I used mine for Montreal in May 2015.

Message 13 of 14
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

I just got mine reduced to 9.9% APR from 11.99% APR, it is 3% lower then what they advertise.

SWEET, Cory! That's awesome. How long have you had the card?

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.