Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got my Barclaycard!!

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Just got my Barclaycard!!

@learnin113 wrote:

OT: Barclays is softing the hell outta me.  Not on Equifax tho, where I have like 10 inquiries (thank god), but on Experian, where I only have 3.  I really hope that allows me to fly under their radar for a bit.  I do have like 4 on TU, but that includes Barclays.  We'll see. Smiley Very Happy

I wish I could see softs on EX. I ca nsee them on EQ and not TU. I'm sure their gonna keep a hawkeye on me but i'm gonna be a good lil boy for 6 months!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 21 of 31
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@john398 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Thanks for all the replies guys!! My wife's car payment (Santander" takes CC's and it makes it easier for us to get by for now doing it like that. I wish mine did (WF) for the rewards but its a cash advance. Smiley Mad

Thats GEMB I think

I think it is for some, I noticed it did mention GEMB on their site.

they r a very bad company, they took over my loan but i was a couple of months ahead on my payments, but if u google them u can see all the bad deeds they doSmiley Mad

Message 22 of 31
john398
Senior Contributor

@learnin113 wrote:

OT: Barclays is softing the hell outta me.  Not on Equifax tho, where I have like 10 inquiries (thank god), but on Experian, where I only have 3.  I really hope that allows me to fly under their radar for a bit.  I do have like 4 on TU, but that includes Barclays.  We'll see. Smiley Very Happy

When did you open your Barclays? I just check who has been softing my experian and did not see Barclays however I just opened my account in December

Message 23 of 31
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@dalebb wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@john398 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Thanks for all the replies guys!! My wife's car payment (Santander" takes CC's and it makes it easier for us to get by for now doing it like that. I wish mine did (WF) for the rewards but its a cash advance. Smiley Mad

Thats GEMB I think

I think it is for some, I noticed it did mention GEMB on their site.

they r a very bad company, they took over my loan but i was a couple of months ahead on my payments, but if u google them u can see all the bad deeds they doSmiley Mad

Yea I already know this. Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 24 of 31
learnin113
Established Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@learnin113 wrote:

When did you open your Barclays? I just check who has been softing my experian and did not see Barclays however I just opened my account in December

Early October.  And so far it looks like they've softed me twice twice in October, twice in November and four times in December Smiley Sad

Message 25 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW CARD!!! Smiley Happy 

Message 26 of 31
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Congrats! So far I am loving Barclays. I was really apprehensive about getting a cc w/them after reading AA stories here. But they have been really great w/ me so far, and their CS is far superior to Cap One! I'm looking forward to a long and mutually beneficial relationship. W/ them. I got an iPad 2 days after approved, before I even recd the CC. Was also concerned because I'd gotten 2 other new CCs in Nov that weren't on CR when I appd. Thank goodness I've had no problems. I can only check softs on EX, but haven't checked, since I'm not worried about it. Hoping for nice CLI in 6 mos. time will tell. Smiley Happy
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 27 of 31
CS800
Super Contributor

My take is that it would be silly for them to CLD or AA if someone is paying what they need to pay on time.

It sure will make any company nervous if they see a lot of new credit but they might also look at the % of the new credit from the other companies that you're using. In my case, I am already using about 60% of my Barclay card but paying more than the minimum on it. Reason why I'm stretching it is to show a good payment history. Paying it in full is generally better but showing a company that I can manage my monthly payments is better IMHO. I dont know what a particular bank likes. If there was a disclaimer on credit card sites stating 'We love when you pay in full at the end of the month' I would know but then they want to also make money on us in terms of APR..so that's a catch 22 here

I dont blame them for softing but i think there are man other factors that might trigger CLD or even AA. As long as I'm doing the right thing, I think I'm hopefully looked at favorably. The best we can all do, are our best practices that we have learned on this forum and hope that we are looked upon as responsible customers.

Anything above that we cannot control Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 31
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! Take good care of this new little "seedling," and I'll see you around the garden. Smiley Wink

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 29 of 31
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

Congrats! Take good care of this new little "seedling," and I'll see you around the garden. Smiley Wink

I will see you each month in the garden!

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.