justpassingthrough

Just got my NFCu mebership.

I would like to apply for a NFCU cash rewards card but not sure if I should. I have had 1 inquiry in the past year but the only score I know for myself is Ex: 704, Im really new at this as the only cards I have are a Cabela's card $500 and a Commerce Bank rewards card with $1000 (requested a CLI but was denied)<--where the inquiry is from. Reported income is 35k and the wifes is 40k. Should I even bother or am I wasting my time? Maybe a joint app?

Established Contributor
dodgeball

Re: Just got my NFCu mebership.

[ Edited ]

You will get approved no problem ! If you get the wait 7 to 10 days dont worry it seems to be part of there method of madness. Nobody can compete with NFCU with approvals and credit lines. I say do it now !!!!!! expect a credit line of 3 to 5k with your income and credit score. You may get north of 5k if you Co-app with the wife

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
pizzadude

dodgeball wrote:

You will get approved no problem ! If you get the wait 7 to 10 days dont worry it seems to be part of there method of madness. Nobody can compete with NFCU with approvals and credit lines. I say do it now !!!!!! expect a credit line of 3 to 5k with your income and credit score. You may get north of 5k if you Co-app with the wife

+1.   You will almost certainly be approved, no need to apply jointly.  

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Regular Contributor
Goal850

You will be approved no worries. I was approved with baddies(COs, lates and CA), granted they were old but my score was only 625 TU at the time, and I got 7k. Go for it!

Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

You will be approved... I recommend that you and your wife get seperate cards as well as maybe navcheck..

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}