cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got my first CLD, Anyone have luck getting the old CL restored?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got my first CLD, Anyone have luck getting the old CL restored?

Well it finally happened to me.  I went to my Ifleet  Chevron card to pay my bill yesterday and I noticed that my CL was lowered from $8250  to $455.

I wrote to the them through the secure web site saying that my account was 14 years old and that they either restore my credit limit or I will call to close the now worthless account. I just checked my account today and the credit line was restored back to $8250.  There was a message from them saying that it was lowered by the automatated system and they had no problem with putting it back to the original credit line and that they where sorry.

Hmmmm, I guess you can fight these things and win.

Did anyone else have any luck in getting their old CL's back???????????

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Just got my first CLD, Anyone have luck getting the old CL restored?

Which Bank issued this card? We might have to keep an eye on them.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

For 13 years it was with chevron, they sold it to www.ifleet.com  it debits my checking account as FLEET CORP  I have no idea they seem to be very quiet about it all.

It is the type of card that you can NOT carry a balance on, you must PIF each month.

Message 3 of 5
marty56
Super Contributor

My Chevron gas card is GEMB I have had is since 1984.  I  hope they dont sell it to someone else,
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 5
GregB
Valued Contributor

My Chevron is untouched but my limit is $800. I doubt we ever hit $400 and recently it rarely gets to $200.

Out of total CL of around $400,000 more than a third is gone.

The worst is Amex. Total CL on two business and two personal cards was $133,000. Now $3,900. To be fair to them there would have been $11k more if I hadn't cancelled the Business Capital Line completely. It would have been stupid to pay a $250 AF for only $11,000 CL and they would have kept chasing the balance down.

Advanta didn't lower my CL but raised the interest rate from 7.99% to 20.39%, telling me they had sent me a letter, which they didn't. This caused me to pay about $40 more in interest on that month than I should. I PIFed immediately online to minimize the damage and won't carry a balance on that again. Affter only one month of PIF, they lowered the interest since then to an asinine 16.08%.

My Cap One business line had a CLD but my higher limit personal Cap One only had the interest rate raised. That is irrelevant since I always PIF.

B of A and Chase, are untouched even though I used a 0% for one year on one B of A cash advance and drew 80% against a $55,000 CL to pay off Amex Cap Line.

Home Depot and Lowes both did CLI, which doesn't matter much since I rarely get to 30% with the previous limits.

When this is all over I will go out of the way to give my business to Discover, Chase and B of A.

I did a Score Power the other day and my FICO in one year has gone from 780 to 696. Part of that is that my utilization is higher on FICO since there are balances on business accounts that do show on the report instead of balances on business accounts that didn't show. My total debt is actually down more than 20%.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.