Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got my increase from BCE....

tag
happyhome40
New Contributor

Just got my increase from BCE....

Went from 3k to 9k. Wow exciting!!!!! This whole credit thing is so exciting. I've learned so much on this board and I'm just so happy that I'm on a good credit track now. When you're young, you don't realize just how important credit truly is. I literally said when I was younger that " oh I don't have to worry about that now, I'm not planning on buying a house anytime soon," how stupid I was back then. I'm so obsessed with my credit at this point now that it borderlines on being a neurosis. Thank you guys for being available and giving it straight with no chaser, and never sugar coating anything.

HH40

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
toful
Established Member

Re: Just got my increase from BCE....

Congrats! I'm with you on the neurosis part. I'm 23 and just started a credit card. I had a credit card that I would pay off 100 bucks every month while I was in college without thinking it was worth it. I was able to get a Chase Freedom a month ago out of nowhere and now I am OBSESSED with my credit.

Congrats on getting an awesome limit on a super awesome card. I'm way jealous Smiley Happy

Capital One Platinum $750 (3/11) | Macy's $2K (1/12)
Chase Freedom $4.5K (8/12) | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K (11/12) | Amex BCE $12K (10/12)

TU: 751 (10/1/12 - Amex), 747 (5/23/12 - Transunion.com) | EQ: 718 (10/1/12 - myFICO)
Gardening since: 11/12/12

Message 2 of 14
Funk-O-Meter
Contributor

I hear you!

I've been doing the same thing over the last year and to great effect! Have 3 prime rewards cards now and Amex bumped me from 2k to 6k just like that! I nearly fell out of my chair! I can't wait to do hit that button again in a few months!

I can relax now cause I'm in gardening mode but I was slightly OCD about my credit there for the last year too because I was grooming it to get an auto loan which I got. So I was pulling my reports every day.. buying scores.. making notes about what cards statements cut when and when they report and all that. It worked! Now I can relax and garden good accounts.

Congrats! Amex is a great lender.

Message 3 of 14
happyhome40
New Contributor

Toful, thanks. You are way ahead of the game if your arebeing conscientious at that age. My credit was on its way to being demolished at that age. I was an AU  my parent's cards and she filed bk. I sure wish I knew then what I know now. Keep up the good work.

HH40

Message 4 of 14
happyhome40
New Contributor

I'm in gardening mode at this point too. There's really not much else that I want. I have Amex(grn),Discover, and a Forward also. I just want them to start growing like my Amex. I'll be at six month for discover for an increase, will they match Amex? 

Message 5 of 14
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

While largely in a similar situation as you both, be mindful that it's easy to get caught up in the credit game. The rat race of always wanting that next and better card along with higher limits is beyond tempting. Building credit is exciting, especially when you see progress. Approvals, cli's, score increases are all seen as hoyous occaisions. While they are 'good' things in terms of credit, be cautious.

Building credit is new and thrilling, but it is far too easy to ruin it in a heartbeat. Higher limits are both a blessing and a curse. Debt is never fun and can quickly rack up. It's important to recognize credit for what it is, as well as to understand when it is not needed. At the end of the day credit cards are just another form of payment, with their own pros and cons. Once you feel you have enough credit for your purposes it's worthwhile to consider entering the garden. It's all about perspective.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 6 of 14
happyhome40
New Contributor

Espn, I hear ya!

I am so afraid that I'm going to miss something one day and blow everything that I have accomplished. I don't need or want a lot of cards. I'm truly happy for the ones that I've got and also afraid at the same time. I have set up a calendar in my phone that only has my cc due dates and statement cut dates on it. No more new cards for me, personally, I don't think I could manage anymore. I plan to grow the ones I have and be happy with them. 

HH40

Message 7 of 14
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

Nice increase! Im waitng for my BCE to come in the mail cant wait to use it!

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Message 8 of 14
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

AMAZING!!!

Im still so stoked that I got the AMEX BCE approved this morning after whining about C1 all day yesterday!! lol

I'm only 23 btw, and am just so proud that I've made it to this point. Now I just have to garden and continue to manage my debt effectively....my cc debt is all at 0% anyway LOL

I can't wait to get that 60 3xCLI if it does happen... i'd get like $3,500x3, which is....$10,500?

WOOOOOO

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 14
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

CONGRATTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.