cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got my new scores after chase cld my account.

tag
orl2185
Established Contributor

Just got my new scores after chase cld my account.

My flex visa went from 8k down to 500, I decided to close it down long with my freedom mc, cl 6k.. Not touched BTW. Received letter about reinstating lines to original.. Passed it up, not gonna play games with them.

Nothing changed on my side whatsoever. uti remained unchanged.

Score went up 13 points....Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Just got my new scores after chase cld my account.

I'm glad you didn't have any negative ramifications. We don't have to be at the mercy of the credit card companies. Far too many people hang on to far too many bad accounts.

There is often a good reason to keep an account open, but when that reason is overwhelmed by reasons to close it, it's time to say good bye. And, peace of mind is worth a lot. FICO will recover if it is hit.

Message 2 of 9
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

orl2185 wrote:  ...Received letter about reinstating lines to original.. Passed it up, not gonna play games with them.

orl2185... I'm proud of you!

Message 3 of 9
mjp187
Established Member

Good job orl I think I might do the same thing, I applied and was approved for a new Citi select plat card

Replacing the reduced credit from chase. I point blank just don't trust Chase anymore. I think more people need

To start doing the same thing you did ( for this sir I commend you).

Message 4 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@orl2185 wrote:

My flex visa went from 8k down to 500, I decided to close it down long with my freedom mc, cl 6k.. Not touched BTW. Received letter about reinstating lines to original.. Passed it up, not gonna play games with them.

Nothing changed on my side whatsoever. uti remained unchanged.

Score went up 13 points....Smiley Very Happy

Good for you! There's nothing wrong with standing your ground, I would have done the same thing.

Message 5 of 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

@mjp187 wrote:

Good job orl I think I might do the same thing, I applied and was approved for a new Citi select plat card

Replacing the reduced credit from chase. I point blank just don't trust Chase anymore. I think more people need

To start doing the same thing you did ( for this sir I commend you).

Out of the broiling pot into the frying pan...even on a good day, citi is hardly more trustworthy than Chase--watch your back.  

Try for a good CU or two if you haven't yet.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 9
mjp187
Established Member

Score builder How right you are, I think  its probably a good idea in these crazy credit times

to certainly watch your back on all fronts.

Message 7 of 9
orl2185
Established Contributor

TY, TY. NFCU now is my main banking source. Got my checking, savings mma, loc.

I realize Chase doesn't need me, but they realized by my actions that I don't need them.Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@orl2185 wrote:

TY, TY. NFCU now is my main banking source. Got my checking, savings mma, loc.

I realize Chase doesn't need me, but they realized by my actions that I don't need them.Smiley Very Happy

Yeah, they love to think we "need" them!

Good going on the NFCU!  I just joined last Dec.  Don't have a card with them yet, but I'm waiting until I do my mortgage refi in August.  Then I'm going to hit them up for one!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.