Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got my target debit card!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got my target debit card!

Today it arrived but wats weird it's that I had problems when I applied in the store I got the typical ... "we need more info 7-10 day message" idk even know why if I have a checking account with a bank ...BUT I do have a chexsystems account open that I owe from BoA that I'm paying this weekend. Cause it's just giving me alot of problems. But today it arrivedin the mail so its all confusing!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just got my target debit card!

yeah well its not like they are lending you any credit... congrats tho

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup thanx buddy but yea chexsystems is a hassle (even though it was my fault in the first place) but that thing is just a barrier for. Everything!!!
Message 3 of 11
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Last time I checked they don't pull ChexSystem. Then again I apped over the mail.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea maybe it's different
Message 5 of 11
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

usually all banks uses chexsystems to see if you are on there for bad checking accounts in the past like bounced checks

amazon
Message 6 of 11
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

They do a Certigy check (a similar, if not the same check, they would run if you actually wrote a paper check in the store).

Depending on the situation that got you listed with Chexsystems, there may be some crossover problems.

Likely you had some flag that needed further review (maybe a history of a few bounced checks that were paid, etc.). It's good to know they seem to actually be putting some thought into it and not just assuming someone with a Certigy and/or Chexsystems report is immediately evil and must be avoided.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea..I owe 233 to BoA from a old debit card but Monday I get paid an that thing is PAID FOR SURE!!! Im tired of tha thing popping out! (even though is my fault in th first place) but yea at least they further checked.
Message 8 of 11
alph4
Regular Contributor

Does Target do any sort of credit pull for the debit card?

I want to get one for the 5% back but its not worth it to me if there's a hard pull.

Current Cards:
American Express Blue Cash Preferred - March 2007 - CL $10,000
Citi Forward Visa Signature - September 2009 - CL $6,500
Chase Freedom - March 2011 - CL $15,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - May 2013 - CL $12,500
Discover It - November 2013 - $5,000
Barclay Arrival - January 2014 - $10,000
Message 9 of 11
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

When I apped couple months ago, they pulled nothing. I checked with ChexSystem, EX, EQ, and TU and none of them showed a hard inq coming from Target.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.