cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got pre approved for the victoria secret card.

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Just got pre approved for the victoria secret card.

@sailor_mercury wrote:

@score_building wrote:

If are ok with a new account ding for a one time use credit product that will be listed on you credit report for up to 10 years after closure.

Otherwise, may want to give it a few more weeks to see what else crops up for ya, the VS option will still be there and if it still seems worth while going forward, can reconsider it as an option then. 

I love that logic.  The VS offer will still be there in the near future.  I frequently make a bad decisions and jump the gun too soon. 

Human nature to want to get the ball rolling, even now that am past the building stage for many years am tempted to accept the J Crew preapproval just on the temptation alone but have no real use for it at this stage in the game; so I close the browser pronto! An idle mind does the devil's work, lol

When starting out did sorta try to look at credit app like school app, as far as only applying for those with an actual genuine interest in attending for the duration. One draw back of moving to act quickly with credit decisions is quite often one doesn't complete a thorough cost/benefit recap. In any event, apparently the fast and furious approach can work out well sometimes, so no harm no foul, to each their own.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 21 of 27
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

You just gotta keep trying.  It took me several tries over a few days for the JCrew and Express to pop up.   ....I never registered an account, nor did I clear my cookies, cache, history or anything.  My scores were low too.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 22 of 27
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

@sailor_mercury wrote:

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

How did the HSN one work?

Since the adress and payment fields are on the same page, i cant proceed without entering a card

Up in the top left you will see Sign In/Register

You can register with just a Name, Email and Password.  Once you are logged in to go  My HSN ---> Accounts ---> Account Updates ----> Billing Information

This will let you put in your address and you won't have to set up a credit card on file.

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 23 of 27
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

Well after spending over an hour using my name and my moms name on various sites on 2 different browers with pop-up blockers off, I didn't get any other pop ups so i took the Vs offer and got approved with a $350 CL.

I ordered the "for him" colonge and I'm going to tell my GF tomorrow she can order something too. Will pay it off and sock drawer it.

As bad as my credit was (upper 500s), this was about the only other thing to do VS opening another secured card. Hopefully in 5+ months as my Wells Fargo Secured $300 card, my Fingerhut $180 credit account, and my VS $350 account age I will see an improvement.

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 24 of 27
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

BTW, do any experts here know why I would only get one pre-approval after trying 15+ other sites? 

Is there some kind of thresholds?

I would THINK it would be all the same for commenity cards.

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 25 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

BTW, do any experts here know why I would only get one pre-approval after trying 15+ other sites? 

Like GE, Comenity backed cards all have their own UW for each store. 

Message 26 of 27
score_building
Senior Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

Like GE, Comenity backed cards all have their own UW for each store. 

Yes, another reason it can pay to be patient and keep trying over time, since criteria and report info may shift prospect into an approvable range from one attempt the next.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.