Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got shafted by BOA BBR ToC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got shafted by BOA BBR ToC

Wow I feel so stupid in retrospect.

The statement credit redemption doesn't count as a "payment" (like many other cards) and therefore I didn't get rewards for one of my quarters.

I should've just made a payment into the account lol! 

Ugh. 

Edit: Luckily I changed to direct deposit redemption afterwards.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Just got shafted by BOA BBR ToC

Lesson learned but i can see how its confusing abit. Second post i saw tecently concerning this card. Its my 1st with Boa but gonna ensure i always carry domething small enough to earn that dough. Smart switch thoughSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lesson learned but i can see how its confusing abit. Second post i saw recently concerning this card. Its my 1st with Boa but gonna ensure i always carry something small enough to earn that dough. Smart switch thoughSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lesson learned but i can see how its confusing abit. Second post i saw recently concerning this card. Its my 1st with Boa but gonna ensure i always carry something small enough to earn that dough. Smart switch thoughSmiley Happy

I did have enough on my balance, I just didn't make a payment, which was the problem.

I thought the statement credit was a payment, so I didn't pay the card from my bank account. This is what made me ineligible. 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry this happened Monoglot.

Message 5 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Understood, thanks for clarifying. Any chance you csn call and see if anything could be done?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Understand the frustration but trying to outsmart Bank of America by making everything autopilot can bite you in the butt. is it that hard to throw 30 bucks a month on that thing and pay it off 12 times a year? Ugh. I can't get that BBR card but I would show you guys how to do it.…
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the old days where there are a lot more charge cards out there if your credits more than your balance is you did not need to send anything in. the revolving credit cards require payment all the time if there has been activity on statement cut. Current balance has nothing to do with it as you found out the hard way. and then pile on that giveaway program that is run independent of the credit services.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you even attempt to call in to have the credit reversed and applied to a checking account?  I would like to think BoA would make good on this as a courtesy if anything?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.