cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got the best credit card on earth?

Valued Member

Just got the best credit card on earth?

I just got my Chevron-Texaco Visa in the mail and I'm incredibly excited. My other rewards card I used primarily for the last 4 years (Citi Plat Dividend) as well as most other card agreements I've read, required me to build up $50 before seeing any of my rewards. For a student trying to save a lot and spend very little, it usually takes me 6-12 months to build that up enough to request it.

But this card gives me my rewards card back every month! I already had strict (irrational?) brand loyalty to Chevron gas anyway, so saving 10 cents a gallon (that's 4% at current gas price), and getting the same 1% rewards everywhere else anyway, means no more waiting. The only catch is that the rewards are in the form of fuel credits, not cash, but there is a 100% chance I will fill up at Chevron in any given month, so that's no biggie to me. And I love that it's not a rebate or check, but an automatic statement credit. (Plus, $20 gas card just for signing up. Smiley Happy) APR is average, but I pay in full each month, so that's irrelevant to me.

Could there possibly be a better rewards card anywhere on earth, for someone who doesn't spend a trillion dollars each month? I know Conoco-Phillips/76/Shell/ExxonMobil/etc have their own cards too, does anyone have any experience with them or other similar cards?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES
Regular Contributor

Re: Just got the best credit card on earth?

Hello,

What score did they require?

Message 2 of 6
Super Contributor

Congrats on your new card....
Message 3 of 6
Valued Member

They have 3 tiers of interest rates assigned based on your score, but I'm not sure what the cutoffs are for all of them. I got the best of the 3 interest rates with a 760, so I have no clue what minimum score is required just to qualify for any of the three.
Message 4 of 6
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

I think statement credits are a great form of reward. Having no threshold to meet is even better. Very simple and fair to the "little guy".

Continued good luck.

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Congrats!  I have no gas cards as I only get my gas from Krogers.   I don't like going to or inside gas stores or stations.
Message 6 of 6