Valued Member
Cryostasis

Just got the best credit card on earth?

I just got my Chevron-Texaco Visa in the mail and I'm incredibly excited. My other rewards card I used primarily for the last 4 years (Citi Plat Dividend) as well as most other card agreements I've read, required me to build up $50 before seeing any of my rewards. For a student trying to save a lot and spend very little, it usually takes me 6-12 months to build that up enough to request it.

But this card gives me my rewards card back every month! I already had strict (irrational?) brand loyalty to Chevron gas anyway, so saving 10 cents a gallon (that's 4% at current gas price), and getting the same 1% rewards everywhere else anyway, means no more waiting. The only catch is that the rewards are in the form of fuel credits, not cash, but there is a 100% chance I will fill up at Chevron in any given month, so that's no biggie to me. And I love that it's not a rebate or check, but an automatic statement credit. (Plus, $20 gas card just for signing up. :smileyhappy:) APR is average, but I pay in full each month, so that's irrelevant to me.

Could there possibly be a better rewards card anywhere on earth, for someone who doesn't spend a trillion dollars each month? I know Conoco-Phillips/76/Shell/ExxonMobil/etc have their own cards too, does anyone have any experience with them or other similar cards?

Contributor
bobtail

Re: Just got the best credit card on earth?

Hello,

What score did they require?

Super Contributor
concorduser

Congrats on your new card....
Valued Member
Cryostasis

They have 3 tiers of interest rates assigned based on your score, but I'm not sure what the cutoffs are for all of them. I got the best of the 3 interest rates with a 760, so I have no clue what minimum score is required just to qualify for any of the three.
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Congrats!

I think statement credits are a great form of reward. Having no threshold to meet is even better. Very simple and fair to the "little guy".

Continued good luck.

Super Contributor
DI

Congrats!  I have no gas cards as I only get my gas from Krogers.   I don't like going to or inside gas stores or stations.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}