Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just had 2 returned ACH transfers for 2 CCs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just had 2 returned ACH transfers for 2 CCs

Sorry this happened to you OP. Hopefully, you caught it in time so there are no issues. Your CU not allowing ACH transactions from your savings account may have something to do with the maximum number of withdrawals your allowed.
Message 11 of 27
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

If you were in fact past the due date, all is still not lost since they generally forgive being late once and you should still get your credit steps increase (they might delay it by a month or two so that they see you make on time payments, but I don't think they'll take the credit steps increase away). Anyhow, if you were late, you'll get a letter telling you about it and how it will affect the credit steps program.

Edit: So many things have happened in the time it took me to write this Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank fully I don't have a due date.  I pay in full before the bill cuts so my one capital one that I have had 30 bucks left on is due on Nov. 18th and my quicksilver is due the same time but had a zero balance and that is the card that got the return payment.  The other payment went through just fine.  I am just amazed the gas company doens't have to give me my money back even though the double billed me.  If I did that to someone I could be charged with theft.  When I told them I would have the check reversed, they said they'd charge my an NSF fee!  She then said I should have a savings account to help cover the cost.  I do have a savings but it didn't transfer immediately so the bank returned the check.  Capital one said I would have to resubmit the payment, but I am so angry and embarassed. 

Message 13 of 27
kuku4koco
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank fully I don't have a due date.  I pay in full before the bill cuts so my one capital one that I have had 30 bucks left on is due on Nov. 18th and my quicksilver is due the same time but had a zero balance and that is the card that got the return payment.  The other payment went through just fine.  I am just amazed the gas company doens't have to give me my money back even though the double billed me.  If I did that to someone I could be charged with theft.  When I told them I would have the check reversed, they said they'd charge my an NSF fee!  She then said I should have a savings account to help cover the cost.  I do have a savings but it didn't transfer immediately so the bank returned the check.  Capital one said I would have to resubmit the payment, but I am so angry and embarassed. 

This does NOT sound right... If I were you, I would ask to speak with a supervisor!  If they 'double-billed' (?), or 'double-charged'(?) you, it sounds like a refund is due back to you; or your account should at the very least show a credit.

EQ: 731 TU: 705 EX: 715

Cap1 QS: 9k USBank: 7k Amex BCE: 14.1k BoA: 8k Discover: 4.4k CareCredit: 12k *Various Store Cards: 18.7k
Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
Nope they don't allow that for their share savings. Only checking. I tried to transfer money into my NFCU savings from Wells Fargo and we both got stern warnings from Navy Fed. Smiley Happy

Interesting.  I transfer money from my Key MM account to my DCU savings all the time.  Must be different policies.

Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

The gas company is crediting my account $250 for the additional check they put through.  They admitted that thousands of customers had this happen because of a computer issue, but won't be refunding our money unless we cancel the service.  They are only putting it on our accounts as a credit.  I think it is BS.  I am not even so mad about not getting the money back just that it caused my payment for my one capital one to be returned.  I am trying to come back from 80K worth of student loans that have had bumps and stuff so I can buy a house in two years.  This just threw me for a loop.  I've never had a returned check and thought someone besides me should be in trouble.  I just didn't want have capital one hold it against me. 

Message 16 of 27
kuku4koco
Frequent Contributor

Oh I see... understand.  Yeah, you got a bad break this month.  Sorry about that. Smiley Sad

Cap1 QS: 9k USBank: 7k Amex BCE: 14.1k BoA: 8k Discover: 4.4k CareCredit: 12k *Various Store Cards: 18.7k
Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just thought the girl was rude... not everyone has savings.  I know this as I have pulled from mine to help family.  I don't keep extra in my checking but I am good with numbers.  I would have had 50 left over once everyting was paid this morning and money sent to savings account and IRA.  It was simply the double check from the gas company that put a wrench in it.  I have my discover, but got two capital ones to help with my scores so I could buy a house.   I was hoping by heavily using and paying it off biweekly the increase would be to like 1500 or even 1000.  I am praying this doesn't hurt that. 

Message 18 of 27
kuku4koco
Frequent Contributor

I agree with you, it's nobody's business whether you have a savings account to cover their mistake or not and completely unprofessional!  I can say, that capital one is a very forgiving lender.  This glitch didn't really involve them to a certain extent.  Like they said, your payment wasn't technically even due yet.  So no harm, no foul.  You will probably get a fine increase with them.  I asked for an increase before my credit steps and they were fairly generous!  If your 3rd statement has cut, you should be able to hit the luv button too.  You will (still) also get your regular credit steps increase when it's time!  Goodluck! Come back and let us know how it goes! Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate to break it to you,  but,  if you try for a CLI anytime before your credit steps is up,  your gonna get denied and the reason in the denial letter will be  "a recent payment on this account was returned".  

I had a returned payment back in Aug. due to switching my direct deposit from my bank to my employers credit union.  I actually put a set amount of $100 into the current account and then the rest into the new account.  And during the transition,  I was expecting the change to happen the second week and scheduled a payment to Cap1 from the new account and it got returned because the direct deposit didn't switch over yet.  

But this was the second payment for that month after I already made the first one that was technically my due date payment.  When I saw what happened I immediately made the payment again from the old account and it cleared fine.  I told customer service what had happened,  but when I tried to get a CLI that month,  I got the denial reason  I stated above.  I emailed the EO and explained the situation,  and the rep said she sent the info for a manual review,  and got the same denial.  

I tried for a CLI in Sept and in Oct,  both months,  same denial reason.  My credit steps is up in Dec.  So I'll try again this month and then hopefully I'll get my steps increase in Dec if nothing else. 

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.