Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just had 2 returned ACH transfers for 2 CCs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just had 2 returned ACH transfers for 2 CCs

Thank goodness you didn't incur any fees or CR damage because of this. *wipes a brow* whew!
Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

baller4life wrote:
Nope they don't allow that for their share savings. Only checking. I tried to transfer money into my NFCU savings from Wells Fargo and we both got stern warnings from Navy Fed. Smiley Happy
Interesting. I transfer money from my Key MM account to my DCU savings all the time. Must be different policies.

Do you find Key is always slow to verify accounts you add? I'm on day 11 of waiting to get the verifI cation message and getting a little annoyed. I don't need to use the transfer right this minute right but it has ever taken this long with other banks. The test funds have already been deposited and withdrawn in the transfer account I wanted added.
Message 22 of 27
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok... so this morning I saw that my gas company took two payments and overdrew my account.  I pay my quicksilver off in full every payroll so they returned this payment back to capital one.  i called them and explained what happened, offered to fax the bank statements to prove what happened this morning..... they decline the need of those.  IU should have known when I saw my checking account total was 666 that something was wrong!  lol.  What I am wondering is ... I am suppose to get a step increase in two months.  Is that going to affect it you think?  Is capital one going to be mad?  I have never bounced a check in all my life and I don't know what to do.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but unfortunately even though this was no fault of yours and that Capital One didnt penalize u for the returned payment, it is definitely going to affect your credit line increase request. Once u hit that button, u may get a response like "there was a recent returned payment..." something along that line. But the good news after 2/3 months they drop it.

Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they still give you your step increase?  I got a small increase after my 3 bill cut.  Then this happened and I wasn't due an increase until the 6th statement.  I am so peeved at my gas company!

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

So if I get my step increase from them that is scheduled in december.... I should wait to ask and keep using and pif for maybe the next year and then ask for one?  They will "forgive" me if I wait it out about that long you think?

Message 25 of 27
kuku4koco
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So if I get my step increase from them that is scheduled in december.... I should wait to ask and keep using and pif for maybe the next year and then ask for one?  They will "forgive" me if I wait it out about that long you think?

6 months.

EQ: 731 TU: 705 EX: 715

Cap1 QS: 9k USBank: 7k Amex BCE: 14.1k BoA: 8k Discover: 4.4k CareCredit: 12k *Various Store Cards: 18.7k
Message 26 of 27
UncleB
Credit Mentor

To the OP, I am truly sorry for what happened with your payment... it's lousy that you had every intention of making a timely payment, but were 'thwarted' by a technicality. 

That being said, this is another example of why I prefer to use my checking account's bill pay service to 'push' my payments rather than allow each biller to 'pull' the payments each month. 

I've been subjected to 'friendly teasing' on other threads for being leery of allowing a half dozen companies access to my bank accounts - and I actually have used them at times - but under normal conditions I use my checking to 'push' my payments.  For me, I like the additional control it provides, and it makes situations like this much less likely. 

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.