cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just had 3 hard inquiries last 2 days for new credit.....

tag
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Just had 3 hard inquiries last 2 days for new credit.....

Thought I share this information with the board.....

Just had 3 hard inquiries last 2 days from Dillards, Nordstrom, and Best Buy.

All 3 pulled from EQ. My score was 682 and it dropped to 680. Two HUGE points.

Now why does Dillards, Nordstrom and Best Buy all pulled EQ?

What's the purpose of having EX and TU than?

My TU score is the highest cause the last 2 years, I have ZERO inquiries on TU and 3 on EX.

Does some BANKS prefer one over another?

Can anyone shine some lights on this for me?

I've searched and couldn't come up with anything.....

Thanks in advance !!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: Just had 3 hard inquiries last 2 days for new credit.....

EQ, TU, and EX are competing companies.  I imagine banks favor different ones for various reasons, probably having in part to do with pricing arrangments for agreeing to exclusively use their services in different market segments.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

EQ, TU, and EX are competing companies.  I imagine banks favor different ones for various reasons, probably having in part to do with pricing arrangments for agreeing to exclusively use their services in different market segments.

It just seems like TU is not even in the game anymore. Rarely have I had any banks or creditors pull TU. Like I stated, it's been over 2 years, and none have pull TU. It's been all EX and EQ and more and more are pulling EQ based on what I've read including my last 3 inquiries. My EX had 3 and 2 of those were from ATT Uverse and Clear Wireless (grrrrr....).

I am just baffled by all the inquries from EQ and EQ only. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 9
Smerri1029
Regular Contributor

I've never had an EQ pull. All my pulls have been EX and I've had 1 TU pull when I asled Discover for a CLI.

I don't know what my initial pulls were from Citi Student Loan in 2006 or Discover in 2008.

What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Barclays US Air, Citi Prestige
What's In My Sock Drawer: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, SME FCU Visa
Message 4 of 9
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

My understanding is that different regions of the country pull from different bureaus, so it depends on where you and/or the lender are located. I'm in Florida, and Orchard and FP both pulled from TU; Kay's, JCP and Dillard's pulled from EQ; a merchant account that was approved for my business was pulled from EX; Cap1 pulled from all three. It just seems to depend.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 5 of 9
vish1
Valued Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

@Walt_K wrote:

It just seems like TU is not even in the game anymore. Rarely have I had any banks or creditors pull TU. Like I stated, it's been over 2 years, and none have pull TU. It's been all EX and EQ and more and more are pulling EQ based on what I've read including my last 3 inquiries. My EX had 3 and 2 of those were from ATT Uverse and Clear Wireless (grrrrr....).

I am just baffled by all the inquries from EQ and EQ only. Smiley Sad

You can do some research before you apply for credit, though I understand that in your case they are all cobranded store cards and you dont have choice of lender.

I also feel that most lenders pull EQ (If I remove inquiries which are on all my files like cap1 / amex) I have twice of ex+tu on my eq.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get accepted ? credit lines? 

Message 7 of 9
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you get accepted ? credit lines? 

Got approved right away for the BB card with a CL of $750.

Waiting on Nordstrom & Dillards (7-10 days).

I could call in with the app # but I'll wait.

I haven't asked for any credit for over a year, hopefully they will all approve.

My UTIL is down to 10% but I have one baddie (medical 6yrs ago).
It's been no late payments, etc...last 6yrs.

Once the baddie falls off in 1yr, my score should jump to 700+.

I have no department store cards and I thought I applied.

Fingers crossed.

Message 8 of 9
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

it's all about where you live and what deal the creditor has with them some are exclusive and some pull all 3 hsbc has a deal with eq just like amex has a deal with ex as for dilards i believe that is ge bank if so there a eq exclusive as well

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.