Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just had to hang up on Comenity New Accounts Lady

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Just had to hang up on Comenity New Accounts Lady

Called about my pier 1, finally got lady in recon department number I have to bring what I thought was security department on but she called herself new accounts.

she pushed back on having to wait the 7-14 days for letter.

after I pushed back a bit about speeding that process alone she asked me why I was so "urgent for the process"

i told her I was moving

she said "when applicants want to push for instant 9 out of 10 times it's fraud!"

i said well I'm a long term current comenity customer so you can see that's not true

she said well it takes 7-14 days because we have to wait for the credit report to be pulled and the credit report agency to recommend rather we should approve or deny

i thought I heard her wrong but nope!!

she days credit report agency decides not bank!!!

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Just had to hang up on Comenity New Accounts Lady

Actually that's not even right. Comenity contacts the CRA, who then calls Visa. Visa then rings up a McDonalds in Ft. Lauderdale, who facetimes with a gambler in atlantic city. That dude flips a coin, and the results go ALL the way back up the chain to Comenity. So you see, the process can take time.

Message 2 of 27
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

Actually that's not even right. Comenity contacts the CRA, who then calls Visa. Visa then rings up a McDonalds in Ft. Lauderdale, who facetimes with a gambler in atlantic city. That dude flips a coin, and the results go ALL the way back up the chain to Comenity. So you see, the process can take time.

Thank you for clearing this up. I always thought the gambler was in Las Vegas, but Atlantic City makes more sense.

Message 3 of 27
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

LOL... Thank you... Love that.

To top it off called back after I cooled down and this rep first apologizes for false information and then pulls up app and says it was already declined yesterday for credit score.
I'm like your bank is jacked.
I got approved west elm with a 620 EQ for $3500 but declined pier 1 with at least a 680 ex for $300.
She suggested I check my credit report (clearly she wasn't looking at it) says they can't do anything to over ride, could not speak to why I get approved when they pull EQ but declined every time they pull ex and ex is at least 60 points better and doesn't show a bk!!!

I said you back to many cards for me to hate your bank but you all are crazy to deal with!
Message 4 of 27
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Why do you want a pier 1 ? You have a lot of premium cards, why go for so many low level store cards?

Message 5 of 27
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@DrZoiberg wrote:

Why do you want a pier 1 ? You have a lot of premium cards, why go for so many low level store cards?

The screen name ....

Message 6 of 27
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@DrZoiberg wrote:

The screen name ....

I see that but I'm just curious. Unless it's a store promotion, I think he/ she might have a  problem. 

Message 7 of 27
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@DrZoiberg wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@DrZoiberg wrote:

The screen name ....

I see that but I'm just curious. Unless it's a store promotion, I think he/ she might have a  problem

LOL hence addict.......love it....you guys made my day......Credit - SORRY you are going through this kinda crap!!! These CSR et all sound most frustrating to deal with!

Message 8 of 27
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Creditaddict, just out of curiosity, how many HPs do you have on each of your CRs? What is your AAoA?

Message 9 of 27
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

@DrZoiberg wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@DrZoiberg wrote:

The screen name ....

I see that but I'm just curious. Unless it's a store promotion, I think he/ she might have a  problem

LOL hence addict.......love it....you guys made my day......Credit - SORRY you are going through this kinda crap!!! These CSR et all sound most frustrating to deal with!

Like I said, I get the name. Sometimes the s/n is not always true to the person. I'm just somewhat stumped as to why they would want to recon a Pier 1 card. 

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.