Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just heard back from Discover

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just heard back from Discover

So I got approved for Discover motiva in June 2009 with 1,000 limit. got an auto increase about 8 months later to 1,500. Called auto line last night and asked for a total limit of 5k . got pushed to an operater who took my info and said analyst would look at it but an answer would be known in 24-48 hrs so check my account online or wait for letter in mail. i thought that meant bad news . It was a hard pull but 12 hrs later just check my account and i now show a 5k limit. Trying to get my maxes up this June , 2 years after I got most of my credit cards. My fico should all be low 700's. will have about 4 inquiries but my total max looks to be  going from 10k to 25k - also I was approved for new chase card waiting to see what max they give. for some reason citibank approved me but for only a $500 max I will most likely not open that account but try again with them in 2 years. so far alot of success - to summarize - I got a new 10k max card from my credit union , 3,500 increase on discover, new cap 1 card with 3k max( already have 1 cap 1 card at 1k max not eligible for any cli) , approved for chase card waiting for max info. discover surprised me - i though for sure it was bad news and a wasted hard pull. Now I will let things be for 2 years. thsi may be it for me as I ahve a great mix. Dont expect to add any new card just try for increases annually.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just heard back from Discover

@Anonymous wrote:

So I got approved for Discover motiva in June 2009 with 1,000 limit. got an auto increase about 8 months later to 1,500. Called auto line last night and asked for a total limit of 5k . got pushed to an operater who took my info and said analyst would look at it but an answer would be known in 24-48 hrs so check my account online or wait for letter in mail. i thought that meant bad news . It was a hard pull but 12 hrs later just check my account and i now show a 5k limit. Trying to get my maxes up this June , 2 years after I got most of my credit cards. My fico should all be low 700's. will have about 4 inquiries but my total max looks to be  going from 10k to 25k - also I was approved for new chase card waiting to see what max they give. for some reason citibank approved me but for only a $500 max I will most likely not open that account but try again with them in 2 years. so far alot of success - to summarize - I got a new 10k max card from my credit union , 3,500 increase on discover, new cap 1 card with 3k max( already have 1 cap 1 card at 1k max not eligible for any cli) , approved for chase card waiting for max info. discover surprised me - i though for sure it was bad news and a wasted hard pull. Now I will let things be for 2 years. thsi may be it for me as I ahve a great mix. Dont expect to add any new card just try for increases annually.

Tracy, that is awesome CLI    Congratulations!!    I just got mine from 2.5k to 7.5k recently too.    Our HP has paid off .. don't you think?

Message 2 of 4
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the CLIs and approvals, Tracy!  If it were me, I would go ahead and keep the Citi card open.  You can get regular CLIs with them and it will grow with you.  Besides, the card will report to your credit regardless since you've been approved for it.  Might as well keep it open and work with it for awhile.  You've already taken the hit for the new account.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree with keeping the Citibank open.

Although I did start with a good limit (over 5K) theyve given me increases every time Ive asked...to the 10K it is now.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.