cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just introducing myself to the community

tag
Luxy

Just introducing myself to the community

I've been researching credit and everything surrounding it for years now.  During my research I came across your threads plenty times.  I recently joined the site and decided I'd post a little.  A little CC background on me....

AMEX Green Card: NPSSL.  Had a year.

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday: $4500.  Just got instantly approved a few days ago.  Well, the story is I mistakenly applied for the Blue, and called to ask if they could change it to the Cash, which is what I wanted.  I was initially told I'd have to re-apply, so I did.  My 2nd app was flagged and I was asked to call.  I spoke with a credit guy and he stated (I already knew) I was asked to call due to 2 apps.  I explained the situation, and he said to cancel the Blue and they'd process my Cash app.  I later called customer service to cancel the Blue and the rep (very nice female) stated they could just transfer the Blue to a Cash!  Umm, ok.  So, there's that.

Discover IT: $5400.  Had 2 years.  I just upgraded it from the More a few days ago as well.  While upgrading I asked for them to increase my limit, so they happily and easily tripled it for me.  They had just auto-increased it $400 a few days before that, but still did that major increase.

Chase Freedom: $3000.  Had a year.

Citi Thank You Card:  $3500.  Lol just got instantly approved a few minutes ago.  My GF and I always eat at restaurants and go to movies, so I had the itch to get it after receiving another pre-approval letter.  I've gotten tons of Diamond Preferred offers, but don't really need it.

Kay Jewelers: $8000.  Had this about a month.  The bastards told me in the store it would be a "soft pull", so I bit to get half off a pair of black diamond earrings for my GF.  I checked my credit report and noticed the HP, and got ticked.  They blamed it on a miscommunication with Kays.  The store was an Ultra Diamonds, which was bought out by Kays, yet still had Ultra Diamonds employees...so they say they "thought" it was still a SP.  My compensation after about 30 minutes on the phone was a $25 gift card............

Ashley's Furniture: $5000.  Had this about a year.

Publix Credit Union: $1000.  Had 2 years. One of my personal banks.  They are VERY conservative.  I never use the card, but just wanted it to strengthen our relationship.

I got most of these CCs after I bought my house a year ago.  I began rebuilding my credit back in 2005.  I had several non-elite CCs I recently closed out to make way for these I have now.  They served their purpose-to help me in improving my credit.  I'm in pretty good shape now.  I've come a long way.

Feel Free to ask with any questions!  Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Just introducing myself to the community

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your progress Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 12
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Welcome aboard!   And nice lineup of cards you have there! Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 12
Luxy

Thanks!  Just a year ago I had 2 HSBC cards and a few Cap Ones (I dislike Cap One).  They were what helped me improve my credit.  I also had a CC with Merrick Bank that I had for 6 years.  It's another sub-prime lender.  I closed them all out.  The Cap One was my oldest, as it went back 10 years, but I didn't care about the age hit.  Did I mention I really dislike Capital One?

Message 4 of 12
eddie84
Valued Contributor

@Luxy wrote:

Did I mention I really dislike Capital One?

Haha, you're not the only one around here. lol 

Message 5 of 12
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Welcome! You've got a nice lineup of cards - dont forget the 3x cli on your Amex!

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 6 of 12
L-TWT
Established Contributor

Welcome! This board/forum has helped me tremendously over the yrs, and may they do the same 4 U!

Message 7 of 12
Luxy

@parakleet wrote:
Welcome! You've got a nice lineup of cards - dont forget the 3x cli on your Amex!

I've seen a few threads on the 3x Amex CLI, but haven't read them.  Care to elaborate?  Lol I'm always iffy about AMEX because they're so damned picky.  I'd hate to get cute and pull some trick to get a 100k limit only to have them respond by blackballing me from the CC world for 10 years Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 12
Luxy

@L-TWT wrote:

Welcome! This board/forum has helped me tremendously over the yrs, and may they do the same 4 U!

Thanks!  Nice limits!  At some point I'll likely trim my cards down to only about 3 or 4. 

Message 9 of 12
parakleet
Valued Contributor

There's a great sticky on the 3x Amex cli - I recommend that you take a look! Also, you'd have to do a LOT of 3x to get to 100k but of course, anything is possible!

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.