Re: Just joined DCU!!!!!!

Super Contributor

09Lexie wrote:
Yes, 2 HPs on Equifax.

Do they have any credit card pre-approval?

Ron.

After you are a member sometimes you will have the message in your inbox. It still will be an additional HP- dont ask me why. 😒
Super Contributor

09Lexie wrote:
After you are a member sometimes you will have the message in your inbox. It still will be an additional HP- dont ask me why. 😒

Thanks for the info. I'm not in a hurry to apply for the credit card. I know pre-approval doesn't mean anything. They still need HP for credit decision.

Ron.

Valued Contributor

Meltdownblitz wrote:
So if I apply for membership and apply for cc, that would be 2 pulls?! Ahh!

Yep.  But they will use the same pull for multiple products so one pull for a CC and a loan if needed but regardless it will be in addition to the pull for membership.

Valued Contributor

Please keep us posted. I'm thinking about joining DCU.

Super Contributor

You will find mixed reviews about DCU on here; almost a 50% like/not like

They are less stringent than PenFed but you can't beat the free EQ FICO. Their products are not bad at all either. I live close to a branch here in MA so it's convenient too

Super Contributor

kevinjjc wrote:

Please keep us posted. I'm thinking about joining DCU.

Yes, I will.

Ron.

@CS

The 'not like' ratio seems to be based on those who did not qualify for membership ( the dreaded identity verification) plus those who's membership approval was delayed forever.

Haven't seen too many comments on existing members that do not like DCU.
Established Member

I applied for membership last year. Under the account management screeen there was a preapproval for a visa for 10,000.00. I hit the button and recevied the visa. I am not sure if it was a hp. I will have to check.

TransUnion 778 Date: 11/04/2011
Equifax 773 Date:1/08/2010
Experian 782 Date:11/15/2011 PESCU
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.