Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just joined DCU!!!!!!

tag
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

Re: Just joined DCU!!!!!!

Based on some of your other posts I'm assuming you aren't a student whose under the age of 23 Ron, but if you happen to be, they waive the need for direct deposit, I just signed up for paperless and told them I'm a student and will be getting my first free eq score this Friday
fico 747
Message 11 of 344
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Technically you need either DD or a credit product for the FICO but I got it for months with just an idle checking and savings with minimal money in them. 

Message 12 of 344
Ron1
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
The early access to your DD is a plus too!

How's the customer service compared to Penfed?  I tried to join SDFCU (State Dept FCU) two months. They were unable to verify ID. I faxed them DL. I called them many times and I got run around. I haven't heard from them since. I hope DCU is better than them.

Ron.

Message 13 of 344
Ron1
Super Contributor

@MazdaSpeed wrote:
Based on some of your other posts I'm assuming you aren't a student whose under the age of 23 Ron, but if you happen to be, they waive the need for direct deposit, I just signed up for paperless and told them I'm a student and will be getting my first free eq score this Friday

No, I'm not a student. My college was long time ago. It means I have to apply for credit card to qualify for EQ free score. Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 14 of 344
Ron1
Super Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

Technically you need either DD or a credit product for the FICO but I got it for months with just an idle checking and savings with minimal money in them. 

Thanks for the reply. I don't really need another credit card right now.  

Ron.

Message 15 of 344
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Ron1

I have no problems with CS and I have been with them for over 8 years. I know recently they have been hammered with negativity regarding membership applications but I dont want to speak for those who are members- but I haven't read about complaints once you are a member. 😀
Message 16 of 344
Ron1
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@Ron1

I have no problems with CS and I have been with them for over 8 years. I know recently they have been hammered with negativity regarding membership applications but I dont want to speak for those who are members- but I haven't read about complaints once you are a member. 😀

Thanks for the info. Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 17 of 344
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! I'm thinking about joinning as well. Just not sure if I want to take the HP at this moment. But I heard they use the same pull for membership when applying for a cc. Can anyone confirm this?

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 18 of 344
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

No, they do not use the same HP. If you are thinking of applying for a cc- make sure you are a member first.
Message 19 of 344
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

So if I apply for membership and apply for cc, that would be 2 pulls?! Ahh!

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 20 of 344
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.