Contributor
MazdaSpeed

Re: Just joined DCU!!!!!!

Based on some of your other posts I'm assuming you aren't a student whose under the age of 23 Ron, but if you happen to be, they waive the need for direct deposit, I just signed up for paperless and told them I'm a student and will be getting my first free eq score this Friday
BCE 17.1k (1/13 backdated to 1/11)_____CSP 5k (4/13)
Barclaycard Arrival 1k (4/13)______Capital1 Cash Rewards 2.5k (3/13)
Citi Dividend 1k (3/13)_________Discover IT 1k (3/13)
Chase Hyatt 500 (5/13)______Chase Freedom 5k (11/12)
TU 745 (2/26/14
Valued Contributor
boomhower

Technically you need either DD or a credit product for the FICO but I got it for months with just an idle checking and savings with minimal money in them. 

Senior Contributor
Ron1

09Lexie wrote:
The early access to your DD is a plus too!

How's the customer service compared to Penfed?  I tried to join SDFCU (State Dept FCU) two months. They were unable to verify ID. I faxed them DL. I called them many times and I got run around. I haven't heard from them since. I hope DCU is better than them.

Ron.

Senior Contributor
Ron1

MazdaSpeed wrote:
Based on some of your other posts I'm assuming you aren't a student whose under the age of 23 Ron, but if you happen to be, they waive the need for direct deposit, I just signed up for paperless and told them I'm a student and will be getting my first free eq score this Friday

No, I'm not a student. My college was long time ago. It means I have to apply for credit card to qualify for EQ free score. :smileyhappy:

Ron.

Senior Contributor
Ron1

boomhower wrote:

Technically you need either DD or a credit product for the FICO but I got it for months with just an idle checking and savings with minimal money in them. 

Thanks for the reply. I don't really need another credit card right now.  

Ron.

09Lexie

@Ron1

I have no problems with CS and I have been with them for over 8 years. I know recently they have been hammered with negativity regarding membership applications but I dont want to speak for those who are members- but I haven't read about complaints once you are a member. 😀
Senior Contributor
Ron1

09Lexie wrote:
@Ron1

I have no problems with CS and I have been with them for over 8 years. I know recently they have been hammered with negativity regarding membership applications but I dont want to speak for those who are members- but I haven't read about complaints once you are a member. 😀

Thanks for the info. :smileyhappy:

Ron.

Frequent Contributor
Meltdownblitz

Congrats! I'm thinking about joinning as well. Just not sure if I want to take the HP at this moment. But I heard they use the same pull for membership when applying for a cc. Can anyone confirm this?

09Lexie

No, they do not use the same HP. If you are thinking of applying for a cc- make sure you are a member first.
Frequent Contributor
Meltdownblitz

So if I apply for membership and apply for cc, that would be 2 pulls?! Ahh!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+