cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just joined DCU!!!!!!

Established Contributor

Re: Just joined DCU!!!!!!

DCU is redesigning their website on May 8th! 


DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 31 of 344
Super Contributor

Re: Just joined DCU!!!!!!

I just received another email to ask for color copy of SSN card. I just emailed them.  I thought they didn't need it.

 

 

Ron.

Message 32 of 344
Moderator Emerita

Re: Just joined DCU!!!!!!

Message 33 of 344
Super Contributor

Re: Just joined DCU!!!!!!


09Lexie wrote:
Surprised they didn't ask for that with the d/l

Lexie, 

 

 

They did ask.  I thought I didn't need that. They required to email them if the SSN card was issued after June 2011.  They really take proof of identity seriously.

 

 

Ron.

Message 34 of 344
Moderator Emerita

Re: Just joined DCU!!!!!!

On, so they asked and you didn't think they needed it...😂

DCU is reaaaaallllly into identity verification.

Message 35 of 344
Super Contributor

Re: Just joined DCU!!!!!!


09Lexie wrote:
On, so they asked and you didn't think they needed it...😂

DCU is reaaaaallllly into identity verification.


I thought they didn't need it. It said: "If your social security number was issued after June 2011 we will also require a copy of your social security card."

 

 

Ron.

Message 36 of 344
Moderator Emerita

Re: Just joined DCU!!!!!!

Oohhhh , I see. I've posted before about the pros and cons with them. I even called last week and asked what was going on with their new membership department. I honestly, don't think they are set up for the kind of volume and are overwhelmed. No excuses but I think they know they are going to ask for proof of SSN - why delay the inevitable?

When all is said and done- hopefully you'll forget the frustration they are causing you now.
Message 37 of 344
Super Contributor

Re: Just joined DCU!!!!!!


09Lexie wrote:
Oohhhh , I see. I've posted before about the pros and cons with them. I even called last week and asked what was going on with their new membership department. I honestly, don't think they are set up for the kind of volume and are overwhelmed. No excuses but I think they know they are going to ask for proof of SSN - why delay the inevitable?

When all is said and done- hopefully you'll forget the frustration they are causing you now.

That's ok. I have seen worse than them. It doesn't bother me.  At least, they didn't ignore me.  Do you remember I mention about SDFCU (State Department FCU) and my local FCU (I closed the account recently). I just have to be patience like everything else.

 

 

Ron.

Message 38 of 344
Valued Contributor

Re: Just joined DCU!!!!!!


Ron1 wrote:

09Lexie wrote:
On, so they asked and you didn't think they needed it...😂

DCU is reaaaaallllly into identity verification.


I thought they didn't need it. It said: "If your social security number was issued after June 2011 we will also require a copy of your social security card."

 

 

Ron.


It's amazing how much I see the extremes of the DCU security verification...I didn't have to send in anything. No copy of driver's license, no social security card, no utility/credit card bill, nothing...

 

It did ask me for my driver's license number, social (obviously), and asked me a bunch of oddly specific security questions (Asked me twice to select which people were in my household, birthday of my father, mother's previous FULL name (first, middle, maiden name), etc.)

 

Then again, I've only been with 2 other banks before DCU, so maybe they viewed me as less of a identity risk, compared to a lot of you who are a little older and wiser, and have the extra money to put into different banks and as you progressed in life, opened and closed bank accounts as needed.


Quicksilver WMC $20k | JCPenney Platinum $10k | Drive for Five $800 | Freedom VS $5k | TD Cash VS $5k | CFU VS $14.8k | Blue Sky $13.7k | IT $28k | SavingStar $14.8k | BCE $11.3k | Macy's AMEX $7.2k | BuyPower WEMC $7.5k | CSR VI $13.3k | Diamond Preferred $6.5k FICOS: EX 775 EQ 764 TU 759 VantageScore 3.0: EX 759 EQ 757 TU 762
Message 39 of 344
Valued Contributor

Re: Just joined DCU!!!!!!


daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

09Lexie wrote:
On, so they asked and you didn't think they needed it...😂

DCU is reaaaaallllly into identity verification.


I thought they didn't need it. It said: "If your social security number was issued after June 2011 we will also require a copy of your social security card."

 

 

Ron.


It's amazing how much I see the extremes of the DCU security verification...I didn't have to send in anything. No copy of driver's license, no social security card, no utility/credit card bill, nothing...

 

It did ask me for my driver's license number, social (obviously), and asked me a bunch of oddly specific security questions (Asked me twice to select which people were in my household, birthday of my father, mother's previous FULL name (first, middle, maiden name), etc.)

 

Then again, I've only been with 2 other banks before DCU, so maybe they viewed me as less of a identity risk, compared to a lot of you who are a little older and wiser, and have the extra money to put into different banks and as you progressed in life, opened and closed bank accounts as needed.


Yep same for me.  They didn't ask for ANYTHING from me.  I joined back in September and everything was instant.  Instant CC and membership approved instantly.  I had my membership package and CC in a few days.  Something has gone wrong with DCU.  Maybe like what was said earlier that they have received an influx of membership requests in recent months but that doesn't excuse them for taking a month to verify someone.  


Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 40 of 344