Valued Contributor
daybreakgonesXe

Re: Just joined DCU!!!!!!

Rhaeny wrote:

daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

09Lexie wrote:
On, so they asked and you didn't think they needed it...😂

DCU is reaaaaallllly into identity verification.

I thought they didn't need it. It said: "If your social security number was issued after June 2011 we will also require a copy of your social security card."

Ron.

It's amazing how much I see the extremes of the DCU security verification...I didn't have to send in anything. No copy of driver's license, no social security card, no utility/credit card bill, nothing...

It did ask me for my driver's license number, social (obviously), and asked me a bunch of oddly specific security questions (Asked me twice to select which people were in my household, birthday of my father, mother's previous FULL name (first, middle, maiden name), etc.)

Then again, I've only been with 2 other banks before DCU, so maybe they viewed me as less of a identity risk, compared to a lot of you who are a little older and wiser, and have the extra money to put into different banks and as you progressed in life, opened and closed bank accounts as needed.

Yep same for me.  They didn't ask for ANYTHING from me.  I joined back in September and everything was instant.  Instant CC and membership approved instantly.  I had my membership package and CC in a few days.  Something has gone wrong with DCU.  Maybe like what was said earlier that they have received an influx of membership requests in recent months but that doesn't excuse them for taking a month to verify someone.  

True...I applied for membership at the end of January, and I feel like even during that time many members reported the run-around and having to go nuts scanning/mailing information!

Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $10k | JCPenney Platinum $7.5k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $7k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $25k

EQ FICO 742 Credit Karma (TU) 762 Transrisk 856/990 Credit Sesame (EX) 797 Credit.com (EX) 793 VantageScore 3.0 759 Quizzle (EQ) 758
Senior Contributor
Ron1

Rhaeny wrote:

daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

09Lexie wrote:

I thought they didn't need it. It said: "If your social security number was issued after June 2011 we will also require a copy of your social security card."

Ron.

It's amazing how much I see the extremes of the DCU security verification...I didn't have to send in anything. No copy of driver's license, no social security card, no utility/credit card bill, nothing...

It did ask me for my driver's license number, social (obviously), and asked me a bunch of oddly specific security questions (Asked me twice to select which people were in my household, birthday of my father, mother's previous FULL name (first, middle, maiden name), etc.)

Then again, I've only been with 2 other banks before DCU, so maybe they viewed me as less of a identity risk, compared to a lot of you who are a little older and wiser, and have the extra money to put into different banks and as you progressed in life, opened and closed bank accounts as needed.

Yep same for me.  They didn't ask for ANYTHING from me.  I joined back in September and everything was instant.  Instant CC and membership approved instantly.  I had my membership package and CC in a few days.  Something has gone wrong with DCU.  Maybe like what was said earlier that they have received an influx of membership requests in recent months but that doesn't excuse them for taking a month to verify someone.  

Did you apply for cc and membership at the same time?

Ron.

09Lexie

I applied so long ago tbh I can't remember them asking for anything. It seems like it was just all over the phone, idk if they even had a 'Join DCU' website 😂

The welcome packet came fast with the Check Card and back then they sent the checks too. Not sure if they do that anymore but like most if you a sm check order is free.

Wish I could be more help.
Valued Contributor
daybreakgonesXe

Ron1 wrote:

Rhaeny wrote:

daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

09Lexie wrote:

Ron.

Ron.

I only went for membership.

Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $10k | JCPenney Platinum $7.5k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $7k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $25k

EQ FICO 742 Credit Karma (TU) 762 Transrisk 856/990 Credit Sesame (EX) 797 Credit.com (EX) 793 VantageScore 3.0 759 Quizzle (EQ) 758
Valued Contributor
Rhaeny

Ron1 wrote:

Rhaeny wrote:

daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

09Lexie wrote:

Ron.

Ron.

Ron, I applied for the CC first and then I applied for membership.  At that time I hadn't heard any of the stories like I hear now about DCU.  It wasn't until I heard about how people were getting approved for the CC but not getting approved for membership that I started recommending that they get the membership first.  Because you have to do an HP anyway and if you can't get the CC you can at least get the free fico every month.  At least that would make it worth it.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($3.3K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($15K) | Navcheck ($22K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($10K) | Amex Delta ($10K)
Store CC's -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2K) | Sams Club ($1.1K)
Goal: Age with grace to 750 across the board
Last app: 3/3/2014
Senior Contributor
Ron1

Rhaeny wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

Rhaeny wrote:

daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

09Lexie wrote:

Ron.

Ron.

Ron, I applied for the CC first and then I applied for membership.  At that time I hadn't heard any of the stories like I hear now about DCU.  It wasn't until I heard about how people were getting approved for the CC but not getting approved for membership that I started recommending that they get the membership first.  Because you have to do an HP anyway and if you can't get the CC you can at least get the free fico every month.  At least that would make it worth it.

Thanks for the info.  I'm not in hurry to get their cc.  Did  you get instantly approved? Would you share your credit profile such as score, inquiry and the CRA they pulled from).

Ron.

Established Contributor
zerobacan

I joined online this Sunday the 21st too! and got a HP in EQ

then right away they sent me an email asking for my DL, sent it it back to the reply email. and they cashed my 5 bucks for my opening deposit.

Yesterday nothing happened, called and they told me it was in process.

Today early in the morning got an email asking for a color copy of my SSC, sent.

Hopefully I can get an answer tomorrow :smileyhappy:

Im in CA by the way.

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Valued Contributor
Rhaeny

Ron, I was instantly approved for $7500.  My score was 720 on EQ and I had zero inquiries.  My AAOA was over 6 years.  I was also fresh out of a bk and the only open accounts I had was a commenity card for $150 and a CreditOne card for $500 (both 6 months old).  How I got that I don't know because my eyes were bucked when I saw that instant approval.  One thing I did do was start working on cleaning up my accounts long before my discharge (ch 13) because I knew when it was done that I would need a car.  So in essence I was hell bent on making sure that I had a very good score.  The one thing that worked in my favor is that most of my baddies had been deleted and the remaining 2 accounts were really close to the 7 year mark so I think it played a low impact on the approval decision.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($3.3K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($15K) | Navcheck ($22K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($10K) | Amex Delta ($10K)
Store CC's -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2K) | Sams Club ($1.1K)
Goal: Age with grace to 750 across the board
Last app: 3/3/2014
Established Contributor
eviLution

I read on here before I applied so I knew they were gonna ask for license and ss. I sent a copy of my green card and ss when I was asked for a copy of my ID just to be ahead of them. lol

I also applied for cc after I was approved for membership. I was approved for 2k on the phone with a thin file, but my CL was decreased to 1.5k after I emailed them my paystubs.

I guess they decided to make a decision on my CL based on my income.

Current Score: DCU EQ 714 - EX+ 746 - WM TU 746
Goal Score: 750+

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 9500 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 6000 - Chase Freedom: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Established Contributor
zerobacan

What was your income?

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+