cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just joined DCU!!!!!!

Established Contributor

Re: Just joined DCU!!!!!!

I make around 1.5-2k a month

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 51 of 344
Super Contributor

Re: Just joined DCU!!!!!!


Rhaeny wrote:

Ron, I was instantly approved for $7500.  My score was 720 on EQ and I had zero inquiries.  My AAOA was over 6 years.  I was also fresh out of a bk and the only open accounts I had was a commenity card for $150 and a CreditOne card for $500 (both 6 months old).  How I got that I don't know because my eyes were bucked when I saw that instant approval.  One thing I did do was start working on cleaning up my accounts long before my discharge (ch 13) because I knew when it was done that I would need a car.  So in essence I was hell bent on making sure that I had a very good score.  The one thing that worked in my favor is that most of my baddies had been deleted and the remaining 2 accounts were really close to the 7 year mark so I think it played a low impact on the approval decision.


Thanks for info and congrats on your approval.  I got 7 inquiries (including DCU) within 2 years and AAOA was around 6 years. The score score was 748 FICO Score (from Cap1) I have perfect credit history.  I don't know what's their credit criteria. The utilization was 1%.Do you think I have any chance to get approved? Did they ask for the proof of income?

 

 

 

Ron.

Message 52 of 344
Super Contributor

Re: Just joined DCU!!!!!!


zerobacan wrote:

I joined online this Sunday the 21st too! and got a HP in EQ

 

then right away they sent me an email asking for my DL, sent it it back to the reply email. and they cashed my 5 bucks for my opening deposit.

 

Yesterday nothing happened, called and they told me it was in process.

 

Today early in the morning got an email asking for a color copy of my SSC, sent.

 

Hopefully I can get an answer tomorrow Smiley Happy

 

Im in CA by the way.

 

 


I think we joined on the same day. They also asked me for a color copy of SSC. I already sent it out. I'm waiting for their response.

 

 

Ron.

Message 53 of 344
Established Contributor

Re: Just joined DCU!!!!!!


Ron1 wrote:

zerobacan wrote:

I joined online this Sunday the 21st too! and got a HP in EQ

 

then right away they sent me an email asking for my DL, sent it it back to the reply email. and they cashed my 5 bucks for my opening deposit.

 

Yesterday nothing happened, called and they told me it was in process.

 

Today early in the morning got an email asking for a color copy of my SSC, sent.

 

Hopefully I can get an answer tomorrow Smiley Happy

 

Im in CA by the way.

 

 


I think we joined on the same day. They also asked me for a color copy of SSC. I already sent it out. I'm waiting for their response.

 

 

Ron.


Cool! let see who gets it first Smiley Happy

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 54 of 344
Super Contributor

Re: Just joined DCU!!!!!!


zerobacan wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

zerobacan wrote:

I joined online this Sunday the 21st too! and got a HP in EQ

 

then right away they sent me an email asking for my DL, sent it it back to the reply email. and they cashed my 5 bucks for my opening deposit.

 

Yesterday nothing happened, called and they told me it was in process.

 

Today early in the morning got an email asking for a color copy of my SSC, sent.

 

Hopefully I can get an answer tomorrow Smiley Happy

 

Im in CA by the way.

 

 


I think we joined on the same day. They also asked me for a color copy of SSC. I already sent it out. I'm waiting for their response.

 

 

Ron.


Cool! let see who gets it first Smiley Happy


+1 Smiley Happy  Do you plan to apply for cc?

 

 

 

Ron.

Message 55 of 344
Established Contributor

Re: Just joined DCU!!!!!!

Yep, but need to get my membership approve first, but shiiii dont tell anyone, suppost to be in the garden Smiley Happy

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 56 of 344
Super Contributor

Re: Just joined DCU!!!!!!


zerobacan wrote:

Yep, but need to get my membership approve first, but shiiii dont tell anyone, suppost to be in the garden Smiley Happy


It's worth to step out of the garden. Smiley Happy

 

 

Ron.

Message 57 of 344
Valued Contributor

Re: Just joined DCU!!!!!!


Ron1 wrote:

Rhaeny wrote:

Ron, I was instantly approved for $7500.  My score was 720 on EQ and I had zero inquiries.  My AAOA was over 6 years.  I was also fresh out of a bk and the only open accounts I had was a commenity card for $150 and a CreditOne card for $500 (both 6 months old).  How I got that I don't know because my eyes were bucked when I saw that instant approval.  One thing I did do was start working on cleaning up my accounts long before my discharge (ch 13) because I knew when it was done that I would need a car.  So in essence I was hell bent on making sure that I had a very good score.  The one thing that worked in my favor is that most of my baddies had been deleted and the remaining 2 accounts were really close to the 7 year mark so I think it played a low impact on the approval decision.


Thanks for info and congrats on your approval.  I got 7 inquiries (including DCU) within 2 years and AAOA was around 6 years. The score score was 748 FICO Score (from Cap1) I have perfect credit history.  I don't know what's their credit criteria. The utilization was 1%.Do you think I have any chance to get approved? Did they ask for the proof of income?

 

 

 

Ron.


Absolutely you have a great chance of getting an instant approval.  And no they didn't ask me for any proof of anything.  If they would have I would have provided it immediately.

 

Google "creditpulls" and look and see the scores of those who were approved.  They pull EQ for CC and you will see that with your score you have an excellent chance.  


Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 58 of 344
Super Contributor

Re: Just joined DCU!!!!!!


Rhaeny wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

Rhaeny wrote:

Ron, I was instantly approved for $7500.  My score was 720 on EQ and I had zero inquiries.  My AAOA was over 6 years.  I was also fresh out of a bk and the only open accounts I had was a commenity card for $150 and a CreditOne card for $500 (both 6 months old).  How I got that I don't know because my eyes were bucked when I saw that instant approval.  One thing I did do was start working on cleaning up my accounts long before my discharge (ch 13) because I knew when it was done that I would need a car.  So in essence I was hell bent on making sure that I had a very good score.  The one thing that worked in my favor is that most of my baddies had been deleted and the remaining 2 accounts were really close to the 7 year mark so I think it played a low impact on the approval decision.


Thanks for info and congrats on your approval.  I got 7 inquiries (including DCU) within 2 years and AAOA was around 6 years. The score score was 748 FICO Score (from Cap1) I have perfect credit history.  I don't know what's their credit criteria. The utilization was 1%.Do you think I have any chance to get approved? Did they ask for the proof of income?

 

 

 

Ron.


Absolutely you have a great chance of getting an instant approval.  And no they didn't ask me for any proof of anything.  If they would have I would have provided it immediately.

 

Google "creditpulls" and look and see the scores of those who were approved.  They pull EQ for CC and you will see that with your score you have an excellent chance.  


Thanks for your reply. Did they ask your membership number when you apply? Which card did you apply for ? Should I wait for my membership got approved first? Are they inquiry sensitive?

 

 

Ron.

Message 59 of 344
Valued Contributor

Re: Just joined DCU!!!!!!


Ron1 wrote:

Rhaeny wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

Rhaeny wrote:

Ron, I was instantly approved for $7500.  My score was 720 on EQ and I had zero inquiries.  My AAOA was over 6 years.  I was also fresh out of a bk and the only open accounts I had was a commenity card for $150 and a CreditOne card for $500 (both 6 months old).  How I got that I don't know because my eyes were bucked when I saw that instant approval.  One thing I did do was start working on cleaning up my accounts long before my discharge (ch 13) because I knew when it was done that I would need a car.  So in essence I was hell bent on making sure that I had a very good score.  The one thing that worked in my favor is that most of my baddies had been deleted and the remaining 2 accounts were really close to the 7 year mark so I think it played a low impact on the approval decision.


Thanks for info and congrats on your approval.  I got 7 inquiries (including DCU) within 2 years and AAOA was around 6 years. The score score was 748 FICO Score (from Cap1) I have perfect credit history.  I don't know what's their credit criteria. The utilization was 1%.Do you think I have any chance to get approved? Did they ask for the proof of income?

 

 

 

Ron.


Absolutely you have a great chance of getting an instant approval.  And no they didn't ask me for any proof of anything.  If they would have I would have provided it immediately.

 

Google "creditpulls" and look and see the scores of those who were approved.  They pull EQ for CC and you will see that with your score you have an excellent chance.  


Thanks for your reply. Did they ask your membership number when you apply? Which card did you apply for ? Should I wait for my membership got approved first? Are they inquiry sensitive?

 

 

Ron.


I applied for the CC first so I didn't have a membership number.  But once you get access to your account you can apply from a link in there.  I applied for the platinum visa (non-rewards) because I heard that the program was not that great anyway.  I got 9.5% APR so if I want to buy a big ticket item I can use this card.  As for inquiry sensitivity, I have read various responses to that they are and they aren't.  Your profile is strong though so I don't believe it would apply to you.  And no you don't have to wait if you really want it, but they will use a different pull on EQ.  Supposedly the pull for membership is different than one for credit products.


Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 60 of 344