cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just left the mail box…Discover keeps tempting me !! 1-2 letters a week!

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Just left the mail box…Discover keeps tempting me !! 1-2 letters a week!

@Aleecat wrote:

The funny thing is i would be okay if they didn't keep snding me these letters..I AM GOOD,,,then BAM a invitation to apply in my face. 

LOL its like sending gambling offers to a person who doesnt want to gamble I guess, maybe yuyou should opt out til your ready

Message 21 of 22
14IS4
New Contributor

Re: Just left the mail box…Discover keeps tempting me !! 1-2 letters a week!

I applied for the Discover Open Roads card 08/2010 and at the time I had closed my only card about 3 months prior, it was a Chase card with a $5500 limit. I had 2 cards showing as closed with about 2 years between both of them and the first one was a check account overdraft protection card at $300 when I opened my Chase account. They upgraded me after about 6 months to the card with the $5500 limit. I was approved for my Open Roads at $2500 and didn't ask for a CLI until 01/08/2014, online I requested going to $7500 and they countered with $6500 so I accepted with only as SP. I called on 02/03/2014 to see if I could recon it and I got brought up to $10k on another SP after speaking with an Analyst. Then I waited until 03/18/2014 after my app spree requested another CLI and was brought up to $15k giving me a 6x CLI in just over two months.

You can definitely grow with them and they seem to be more based off of length and history more than anything. Everytime I got a CLI from an Analyst they would always say we're glad to see you've been a customer since 2010 with 100% on time PIF payments so they seem to value relationship more than other banks do.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.