Just logged onto AmEx

tag
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

Re: Just logged onto AmEx

@Walt_K wrote:

@drsmith wrote:

@Walt_K wrote:

Is it a recent card where you maybe hit a spend threshhold to get $50 back?

After looking into it, it says that it's from the purchase of Delta tickets that I made 2 months ago.

I didn't expect to ever get a $50 credit though.

And my Available credit is $7049 because of a $1 pending charge. The card is PIF so they had to put it somewhere I guess haha

Hmmm.  Delta had a huge problem in Cincinnati a month or so ago.  Their payment processing wasn't working and none of the kiosks could take credit cards for changing flights or checked bag fees.  At least that's what it would tell you when you swiped your card.  I paid cash right as the supervisors were coming down the line telling everyone that everything was down and that they couldn't process anyone else.  But when I got home, each card I had tried to run had been charged $50 for a total of four charges.  Delta credited the charges after a few phone calls. 

I wonder if they had a more widespread problem and you were charged and extra $50 by mistake.  Or maybe they went back and credited a bunch of people and you were credited an extra $50 by mistake.  Might want to check though to make sure you don't have extra charges hanging out there.

I bought the tickets oniine and then paid off the card. They were the only purchase I made on that statement and I was charged correctly. I also haven't even used them yet since they're for September.

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.