Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just looked- CLD from American Express

tag
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: Just looked- CLD from American Express

Actually i just did Midnight lol and the examples they gave does not fit my profile. I dont think i have any accounts that fit this description. I have always had prime cards unless they are speaking about some Credit Union cards i have. I dont have any starter cards or BK/rebuilding cards cause, thank you god, i have never been in that predicament.
Message 11 of 45
score_building
Senior Contributor

CU cards aren't rated as CF accounts are they?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 12 of 45
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@score_building wrote:

CU cards aren't rated as CF accounts are they?

Shouldn't be.

Here we go again...
Message 13 of 45
oracles
Valued Contributor

I dont think so, it was not given as an example. i have no idea lol
Message 14 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@oracles wrote:
Actually i just did Midnight lol and the examples they gave does not fit my profile. I dont think i have any accounts that fit this description. I have always had prime cards unless they are speaking about some Credit Union cards i have. I dont have any starter cards or BK/rebuilding cards cause, thank you god, i have never been in that predicament.

Some examples of companies that provide CFL are HFC (subsidary of HSBC), Beneficial, Wells Fargo.  These companies send out letters advising you of a loan you can receive from them but the APR is extremely high. 
Message 15 of 45
score_building
Senior Contributor

True but in the skittish world of amex carrying 85 percent on any revolving acct. is alone grounds for CLD. they don't know or care that you are smart enough to grab a zero percent deal. they eventually spaz out if they see high balances on an account for longer than they like (used to be circa 3-4 months but most say PIF each month to be safer nowadays).

@oracles wrote:
I agree wmarat, this a situation where i have done everything correct, and they still CLD. I really would like to know however, what is consumer finance companies? All my accounts are either CC's are a mortgage.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 16 of 45
notmyname
Regular Contributor

One should never max an account with a BT. That will get anybody's attention. Also , if all you charge is coffee and gasoline, your limit was somewhat high. They may have matched your limit to your spending. Happens a lot.

NMN

Message 17 of 45
oracles
Valued Contributor

Thanks purplehaze, however i do not have any of this. I only have one loan and that is my mortgage from citibank. i have never been late on my mortgage and its going on 10 years now.
Message 18 of 45
oracles
Valued Contributor

I agree having a high util% on a cc is an attention grabber but my overall util% is decent (19%) and it is only one cc. I have 12 ccs and the other 2 cards i have balances on are under 20% util.
Message 19 of 45
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

oracles wrote:
Thanks purplehaze, however i do not have any of this. I only have one loan and that is my mortgage from citibank. i have never been late on my mortgage and its going on 10 years now.
How about any old, paid-off loans still displaying?

If you genuinely have never had a loan that might be interpreted as a CFL, then something on your report is being coded (reported) incorrectly. Try looking on your myFICO reports on the accounts page, and check the little symbols next to your accounts. Look especially for a money bag symbol, which denotes a loan, although not necessarily a CFL.

Since it's the fourth reason listed, I think they just threw that in the for the heck of it, but it's always nice to be aware of how your accounts are displaying to lenders.

I think that eventually just about everyone with an AmEx revolver is going to be hit, because they have got to get the figure on their books for extended credit reduced. My guess is that they're picking their targets by certain criteria --zip codes in high foreclosure areas, then recent lates (for instance), then high balances on other CC's, and so forth.

I did the same as you and did a February BT that resulted in an initial 84% util, including the BT fee. It freaked me out so much that I initially paid $1000 off the first month, and then I got a CLI (and keep paying $500/ month), so the util on that one card is now not quite 19%, and total util is 4%.

Sorry to hear that you got bit. I'd keep the card open and keep doing the coffee and donut thing, and see what happens when they recover from their current financial crisis. No point in burning bridges, IMO, and you never know what the future holds. (although I completely understand how furious many people get when this happens)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 20 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.