cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just looked at my report on Equifax (Yikes)

tag
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

Just looked at my report on Equifax (Yikes)

My score is at 656

seems like the dings were the

-Child Support Rearages (Back payments cause we had a case that took a year+ and they hit me for all those months with late payments PAID/CLOSED)

-Collections (Medical Bill last payment 5/2010  UNPAID)

3 Inquires

10/24/12 (Preapproval Mortgage)

9/27/13 (Amex)

9/26/13 (Chase, Only my freedom is showing up on my report, I also have a CSP)

Why wouldnt the barclays show as an inquiry if I got approved and its showing as an account on my CR??

Revolving accounts only show

6 of my 7 accounts, out of those 6 showing 3 of those CL have been raised

Showing CL      Charged            Actual

Cap1       $1800                 $1417                $5000

Credit1    $1100                 $309

Amex       $1000                 $930

Freedom  $1500                 $0 

Barclays  $3500                                            $5000

GE            $600                    $60                    $3000

Total-         $9500                $2716               

Showing a 30% Util

Not Showing

CSP                                                                   $5000

Total Credit Available (Not Showing)-     $21600

Basically they arent reporting 12k of my Available Credit, I know my score was going to get dinged cause of my app spree, just applied for Chase x2, Amex, Barclays (Approved on all the accounts I wanted), but wow wasnt expecting a 656 score.

Mortgage Pays As Agrees

Balance Due- 339k

High Credit (Not sure what this means) 358k

7 Accounts showing 5 with a Balance.

Key Factors Affecting Your Score

InformationThe credit line on revolving accounts

InformationThe length of time since credit cards have been opened in your credit file

InformationThe percentage of department store accounts or charge cards to all of the accounts in your credit file

InformationThe percent of accounts opened recently to all accounts in your credit file

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Re: Just looked at my report on Equifax (Yikes)

I was told Barclays pulls TU & that's what they pulled for me. So that'd explain it not showing.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 2 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

it has not even been a month since your apps and cli by looks of it... I know the waiting is the hardest part but it may be November or little longer before all  the changes update and then you will see a score jump also I bet... don't worry now.

Message 3 of 9
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

I just wondering how much it'll raise, I was hoping to be up in the 700's early 2014, and by early I was hoping Jan-Feb. I plan on having the Amex Paid off,  GE paid off, Credit1 Paid off and will be putting those 3 in the sock drawer. Also obviously the rest of those balances will be significantly lower.

damn I feel like Im so far from my 700 I wanted now after the app spree.

Message 4 of 9
Capya
New Contributor

Don't show a balance on 5 out of your 6 (7) accounts.   Having a high utililzation on a single card has an adverse impact, regardless of your overall utilization %.  Fixing your utilization issues could very well get you in the 700 club once all your tradelines report.

Your mortgage inquiry will no longer affect your score in a couple of weeks.  That's good for 2 points Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: 573 (Exp 10/12)
Current Score: 767 (Exp 6/13)
Goal Score: 700+ I Crushed it!!!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 9
James82
Regular Contributor

If you pay off that Amex card (which is at %93 UTL, maxed out) I bet that would be a big jump for sure. When that Cap 1 updates that'll make a big difference too. Currently it's showing at almost %80 UTL, when the CL goes to $5k it'll be under %30.

Starting Score: EQ 574 - 08.28.13
High Score: EQ 714 (10/18/13) EX 686 (1/6/14) TU 664 (1/6/14)
Current Score: EQ 686 - EX ____- TU ____

Message 6 of 9
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

@James82 wrote:

If you pay off that Amex card (which is at %93 UTL, maxed out) I bet that would be a big jump for sure. When that Cap 1 updates that'll make a big difference too. Currently it's showing at almost %80 UTL, when the CL goes to $5k it'll be under %30.

Yeah, I the Amex should be paid off this week or early next week. Will run another $70 on there to get my 50k mile bonus from Delta.

Cap1 is down to $1100 right now, and should be under 1k by next billing date and hopefully by then itll show 5k and my CSP will update and show 5k and GE would should 3k

Im hoping Ill be up back around 700.  I still havent broken the 700 barrier yet, and its crummy.

Message 7 of 9
James82
Regular Contributor

I bet when those accounts update you'll certainly be close to 700. I had a Cap 1 that was over the limit Smiley Embarassed I paid it down to %1 and got a 47 point bump, I actually went from 656 to 703. Granted, the over limit was really hurting me too.... so that helped with the points.

Have you started looking into the PFD on the open collection? That could certainly help if you can get that removed.

Starting Score: EQ 574 - 08.28.13
High Score: EQ 714 (10/18/13) EX 686 (1/6/14) TU 664 (1/6/14)
Current Score: EQ 686 - EX ____- TU ____

Message 8 of 9
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

I remember asking Trojan Services awhile ago about a PFD, but it didnt get any motion, for some reason I feel like if I start asking that question again, its going to awaken the beast and mess with my CR more.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.