cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just noticed some mad EX softing going on!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just noticed some mad EX softing going on!

Totally agree.

Although I do believe they have the right to decline applicants who have once defaulted on their card agreement, I think their policy is designed more to be vindictive than it is to meet credit underwriting goals.

They should find a way to turn these blacklisted former members into a revenue stream. If they don't, I would think that somewhere in the perhaps distant future they will find that continuing to be vindictive will cause them to lose a significant percentage of potential new customers and place the company in economic peril.
Message 21 of 23
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

The ones that have taken a forget and forgive stance with me (Discover, Citi, Macys) are very happy with the results. I don't know where Chase stands. I have never dealt with them on a straight up app. (I was sold to them.) Amex is the only grudge holder.
Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
The ones that have taken a forget and forgive stance with me (Discover, Citi, Macys) are very happy with the results. I don't know where Chase stands. I have never dealt with them on a straight up app. (I was sold to them.) Amex is the only grudge holder.

Yup.  AmEx is in a league by itself.  Smiley Happy

I have heard, though, that USAA is very cautious with former customers who have defaulted.  Do they go to the same extent as AmEx?

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.