Established Member
FullBird

Re: Just noticed some mad EX softing going on!

Totally agree.

Although I do believe they have the right to decline applicants who have once defaulted on their card agreement, I think their policy is designed more to be vindictive than it is to meet credit underwriting goals.

They should find a way to turn these blacklisted former members into a revenue stream. If they don't, I would think that somewhere in the perhaps distant future they will find that continuing to be vindictive will cause them to lose a significant percentage of potential new customers and place the company in economic peril.
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

The ones that have taken a forget and forgive stance with me (Discover, Citi, Macys) are very happy with the results. I don't know where Chase stands. I have never dealt with them on a straight up app. (I was sold to them.) Amex is the only grudge holder.
Established Member
FullBird

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
The ones that have taken a forget and forgive stance with me (Discover, Citi, Macys) are very happy with the results. I don't know where Chase stands. I have never dealt with them on a straight up app. (I was sold to them.) Amex is the only grudge holder.

Yup.  AmEx is in a league by itself.  :smileyhappy:

I have heard, though, that USAA is very cautious with former customers who have defaulted.  Do they go to the same extent as AmEx?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+