Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just noticed this on my replacement Chase Freedom card

tag
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

Just noticed this on my replacement Chase Freedom card

I just noticed today on the card that I received today that the Chase Freedom card now has the contactless feature.

Just thought I'd share.

If you received a replacement Chase Freedom card, do you also have the contactless feature on the back?

My personal opinion is, I don't really like this feature, I think it makes it easier for people to scan cards and make unauthorized transactions.

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Just noticed this on my replacement Chase Freedom card

@IcEWoLF wrote:

I just noticed today on the card that I received today that the Chase Freedom card now has the contactless feature.

Just thought I'd share.

If you received a replacement Chase Freedom card, do you also have the contactless feature on the back?

My personal opinion is, I don't really like this feature, I think it makes it easier for people to scan cards and make unauthorized transactions.

You can request the Chase Freedom without the Blink contactless payment feature.  It's always been available.  Some folks prefer to have it for convenience, while others do not...matter of personal preference.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.