cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just paid my first BCP statement... coincidence?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just paid my first BCP statement... coincidence?

Hi,

The statement close date on my new Amex BCP was April 12th.  I submitted my first payment online, and then 10 minutes later I got a notificaiton from MyFico about a new account (the BCP).  Is this just a coincidence, or did Amex see I made my first payment and then report it to Experian?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Just paid my first BCP statement... coincidence?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

The statement close date on my new Amex BCP was April 12th.  I submitted my first payment online, and then 10 minutes later I got a notificaiton from MyFico about a new account (the BCP).  Is this just a coincidence, or did Amex see I made my first payment and then report it to Experian?

Amex typically reports about 3-5 days after statemetn date at least for me.  Even on new cards.  I got a CLI on the 8th my statemetn date was the 12th of this month it reported today on 2/3 bureaus the new limit etc as well

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't think one has anything to do with the other. After statement close is often when cards are reported to bureaus. The account probably showed up on EX directly around the 13th and your fico alert was delayed....which happens.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm nearing my second statement date and my BCP still hasn't reported to any bureaus
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doesn't happen for everyone Smiley Happy idk how Amex works these things out. With some its reported after the first statement, others the second or maybe even third. Total mystery
Message 5 of 6
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

My AMex reports the day it cuts, and it takes a couple of day before I get an alert or anything at all sometimes

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.