Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just pushed the button

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Just pushed the button

@riker20 wrote:

Nothing as of yet this morning.  I'll watch throughout the day and post as soon as I see it.

If I do get approved for this CLI, I might see about going to the Flagship card and continue my journey to 80k.

think you should just call up and say you slept on it, you want it PC to Flagship and CLI to $80k... thanks Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 22
Luscher
Valued Contributor

I need to be adopted so I can get in with NFCU.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 12 of 22
riker20
New Contributor

NFCU countered back and gave me 48k.  GRRR.. just 2k shy of 50k.

NFCU Flagship - 50k | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 38k | AMEX BCE - 29.3k | Best Buy Store Card - 21k | Furniture Row - 19.7k | Lowes Card - 16k | NFCU LOC - 15k | Amazon Store - 12k | Macy's - 6000
Message 13 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@riker20 wrote:

Nicely done!  Still a victory no matter how you look at it and... was not declined :-)  Granted $50K would be a more "even" number but I'm sure it's still feasible by year's end? 

Message 14 of 22
shols44
Frequent Contributor

@riker20 wrote:

Ughh! Did you take a HP to go from 45-48k? Oh no you didn't! IMO, you shouldn't have pulled the trigger. 45-50 won't do squat for you. You should have PC'd to Flagship and asked for 80K instead. 

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 15 of 22
riker20
New Contributor

I'm not really thrilled to have a 2nd card with AF, so I don't mind being limited to 50k on this card. I'm positive it is a HP, but I don't mind. Not apping for a mortgage or any more cards in the foreseeable future. So another inquiry, no big deal.
NFCU Flagship - 50k | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 38k | AMEX BCE - 29.3k | Best Buy Store Card - 21k | Furniture Row - 19.7k | Lowes Card - 16k | NFCU LOC - 15k | Amazon Store - 12k | Macy's - 6000
Message 16 of 22
shols44
Frequent Contributor

@riker20 wrote:
I'm not really thrilled to have a 2nd card with AF, so I don't mind being limited to 50k on this card. I'm positive it is a HP, but I don't mind. Not apping for a mortgage or any more cards in the foreseeable future. So another inquiry, no big deal.

Whats your spend like? 5000  gives you 10K points, enough to credit your AF. I'm sure you are happy with 50K on one card. Who wouldn't be? Its just that the 5k bump doesn't translate to much of a gain if it costs you a HP. So if you really want to play the NFCU game, you should try to snag 80K. That I'd love to see. 

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 17 of 22
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

@riker20 wrote:

So I've been sitting at 45k on my NFCU Plat for about 5 months now.  Been itching to see if I can go to 50k.  Its the max for their cards except for the Flagship Siggy.  So I logged in and filled out the form.  Got the usual 3-5 day message.  Yes I know its a HP.  Heck they HP for even just thinking or muttering their name.  Now its a waiting game...

Let everyone know once I get a response.  Maybe when I wake up in the morning I will have a nice surprise!

i can only dream of those limits lol

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 18 of 22
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@riker20 wrote:

Doh! Well, at least it wasn't declined. Discover recently did something similar to me by giving me 24.5k instead of 25k when I requested a CLI.

Message 19 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.