Epic Contributor

Re: Just pushed the button

riker20 wrote:

Nothing as of yet this morning.  I'll watch throughout the day and post as soon as I see it.

If I do get approved for this CLI, I might see about going to the Flagship card and continue my journey to 80k.

think you should just call up and say you slept on it, you want it PC to Flagship and CLI to $80k... thanks :smileyhappy:

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Valued Contributor

I need to be adopted so I can get in with NFCU.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$10,000---------$10,750----------$5,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 761
New Contributor

NFCU countered back and gave me 48k.  GRRR.. just 2k shy of 50k.

NFCU Flagship - 50k | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 38k | AMEX BCE - 29.3k | Best Buy Store Card - 21k | Furniture Row - 19.7k | Lowes Card - 16k | NFCU LOC - 15k | Amazon Store - 12k | Macy's - 6000
Valued Contributor

riker20 wrote:

Nicely done!  Still a victory no matter how you look at it and... was not declined :-)  Granted $50K would be a more "even" number but I'm sure it's still feasible by year's end? 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

riker20 wrote:

Ughh! Did you take a HP to go from 45-48k? Oh no you didn't! IMO, you shouldn't have pulled the trigger. 45-50 won't do squat for you. You should have PC'd to Flagship and asked for 80K instead. 

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 706 EQ,TU 689,EX 686
Goal Score: 720

New Contributor

I'm not really thrilled to have a 2nd card with AF, so I don't mind being limited to 50k on this card. I'm positive it is a HP, but I don't mind. Not apping for a mortgage or any more cards in the foreseeable future. So another inquiry, no big deal.
NFCU Flagship - 50k | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 38k | AMEX BCE - 29.3k | Best Buy Store Card - 21k | Furniture Row - 19.7k | Lowes Card - 16k | NFCU LOC - 15k | Amazon Store - 12k | Macy's - 6000
Frequent Contributor

riker20 wrote:
I'm not really thrilled to have a 2nd card with AF, so I don't mind being limited to 50k on this card. I'm positive it is a HP, but I don't mind. Not apping for a mortgage or any more cards in the foreseeable future. So another inquiry, no big deal.

Whats your spend like? 5000  gives you 10K points, enough to credit your AF. I'm sure you are happy with 50K on one card. Who wouldn't be? Its just that the 5k bump doesn't translate to much of a gain if it costs you a HP. So if you really want to play the NFCU game, you should try to snag 80K. That I'd love to see. 

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 706 EQ,TU 689,EX 686
Goal Score: 720

Frequent Contributor

riker20 wrote:

So I've been sitting at 45k on my NFCU Plat for about 5 months now.  Been itching to see if I can go to 50k.  Its the max for their cards except for the Flagship Siggy.  So I logged in and filled out the form.  Got the usual 3-5 day message.  Yes I know its a HP.  Heck they HP for even just thinking or muttering their name.  Now its a waiting game...

Let everyone know once I get a response.  Maybe when I wake up in the morning I will have a nice surprise!

i can only dream of those limits lol

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin
FICO Equifax-741, FICO Transunion-729, FICO Experian-740, Walmart FICO-742, Sallie Mae FICO-756
|Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Walmart Mastercard|Sallie Mae MC| Citi Double Cash| Discover It|Goal scores- 760+
Valued Contributor

riker20 wrote:

Doh! Well, at least it wasn't declined. Discover recently did something similar to me by giving me 24.5k instead of 25k when I requested a CLI.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.