Just receieved my first credit card in seven yrs

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

Re: Just receieved my first credit card in seven yrs

@erniepotts01 wrote:

The other inqs are 12 months or older. 5 From TU and the rest from EQ 

I Work in the private label Dept.

We handle store cards from boscov's, Maynards, Guitar Center, Big Lots, Funiture Row, Nordstroms, and a few others.

I know ppl wont believe me but there is no such thing as an EO Branch...lol

Just a UAQ line that will do manual UW. 

Anyone can push back and have an account manually reviewed but I nor have any off my co workers ever heard of an EO Branch..It doesn't exist... not even in the directory.  

That's some very interesting information.

Where are you based out of if i many ask, like i know when i've talked to someone in retentions and even a senior account manager at the time when i called, they were in Northorn Colorodo.

Have you ever recieved special requests from their social media team (facebook or twittwr) ?

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 21 of 28
erniepotts01

Re: Just received my first credit card in seven yrs

Nordstrom is not serviced by cap one anymore...my mistake. Always confuses with Saks. srry

The credit dept is not in Colorado. One city is out of the country, one on the east coast in a very small but historic city and one on the west coast in very busy flashy city. (if you're curious where I am at just look at the back of your card)

No I have never received any social media request. But cap one has its own social media site for employees which is kinda cool.

When I was in training I specifically asked about the EO and it doesn't exist.  Some one give me the number I want to cross reference to see where the calls are really routed to.

Message 22 of 28
erniepotts01

Just keep in mind retention is not part of the credit dept. 

Credit does new apps, UW, CLI's, AR, and auths

Cust Service does acct maint, billing, and promos.

Message 23 of 28
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: yea you guys are right....and I know that. But I have s...

@erniepotts01 wrote:

I'm afraid for them to see my report LOL

But no idk.

I work in the private label department so we handle store cards for boscov's, Guitar Center, Furniture Row, Maynards, Big Lots and a few others.

I know what ones are easier to get approved for but idk if having another inq is worth the risk.

If Cap One sees more than 4 inq in a certain amount of time it is an automatic denial.

Im sure they pulled your credit when you got the job. Its a standard thing.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 24 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@erniepotts01 wrote:

The guy I call in EO is in CO I believe... I talk to him on same time zone and I'm in CA

Message 25 of 28
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Creditaddict wrote:

@erniepotts01 wrote:

The guy I call in EO is in CO I believe... I talk to him on same time zone and I'm in CA

As when my DH spoke with the EO.  Definitely in Colorado. 

Message 26 of 28
erniepotts01

This EO thing is so bizarre to me. 

I found the number searching around. Not the number I expected.  I have never heard of an EO office. Only on this forum.

Obviously the calls are routed some where and ppl have had success with the number so I do believe the stories but none of my coworkers have ever heard of an EO either.

Its not listed in the directory either. We have to know all the depts to xfer calls that need to be escalated so I don't believe there is an EO internally in Cap One.

Maybe that is something they do to Wow customers.

If you pushback you will get the same results as you would with the EO.

I kinda wanna call. But that's asking for trouble.

But like I said there is not any credit dept in Colorado. That is a FACT.

Message 27 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@erniepotts01 wrote:

This EO thing is so bizarre to me. 

I found the number searching around. Not the number I expected.  I have never heard of an EO office. Only on this forum.

Obviously the calls are routed some where and ppl have had success with the number so I do believe the stories but none of my coworkers have ever heard of an EO either.

Its not listed in the directory either. We have to know all the depts to xfer calls that need to be escalated so I don't believe there is an EO internally in Cap One.

Maybe that is something they do to Wow customers.

If you pushback you will get the same results as you would with the EO.

I kinda wanna call. But that's asking for trouble.

But like I said there is not any credit dept in Colorado. That is a FACT.

well our EO calls regardless of who they are... are still not underwriting and we don't get to talk to them as frustrating as that still seems to me (GE before "Credit Solutions" so who knows where those people are... I will be talking to the guy I talk to probably Monday as I have a new request in, I will double check where he is again.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.