Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just receieved my first credit card in seven yrs

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

Re: Just receieved my first credit card in seven yrs

So what part of the credit department do you work in?

Like do you work with all the requests the executive office gives to have peoples accounts reviewed for an increase?

I don't supose there's a number you can provide to talk people like yourself within the credit department? ........ lol you don't have to answer that as you could get fired.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 11 of 28
erniepotts01

The other inqs are 12 months or older. 5 From TU and the rest from EQ 

I Work in the private label Dept.

We handle store cards from boscov's, Maynards, Guitar Center, Big Lots, Funiture Row, Nordstroms, and a few others.

I know ppl wont believe me but there is no such thing as an EO Branch...lol

Just a UAQ line that will do manual UW. 

Anyone can push back and have an account manually reviewed but I nor have any off my co workers ever heard of an EO Branch..It doesn't exist... not even in the directory.  

Message 12 of 28
erniepotts01

Yes I do CLI's, CR, Acct Maint, New Apps

Message 13 of 28
toi34
Established Contributor

Re: yea you guys are right....and I know that. But I have s...

You can be a WEALTH OF INFORMATION for those of us trying to rebuild. Please list: (1) which private label cards are easy to get approved for, and (2) how many months are needed in between 4 inqs?

Thanks!

Message 14 of 28
erniepotts01

Re: yea you guys are right....and I know that. But I have s...

I can also get fired too....lol

I would suggest those looking for private label cards serviced by cap one to have 6 months no inqs.

No more than 3 inq in a month unless it is a mortage or car loan.

Message 15 of 28
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@erniepotts01 wrote:

The other inqs are 12 months or older. 5 From TU and the rest from EQ 

I Work in the private label Dept.

We handle store cards from boscov's, Maynards, Guitar Center, Big Lots, Funiture Row, Nordstroms, and a few others.

I know ppl wont believe me but there is no such thing as an EO Branch...lol

Just a UAQ line that will do manual UW. 

Anyone can push back and have an account manually reviewed but I nor have any off my co workers ever heard of an EO Branch..It doesn't exist... not even in the directory.  

Really,  I was unaware that Nordstrom is affiliated with Cap 1 in any form. They indicated Nordstrom Retail Bank as the issuer

Message 16 of 28
erniepotts01

Cap One is bigger than you think....

Message 17 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Flag on play... Nordstrom is it's own bank... Cap1 is not part of unless I missed huge memo!!
Message 18 of 28
erniepotts01

Re: Just received my first credit card in seven yrs

Nordstrom may have its own bank but may be "serviced" through cap one....Yamaha motors has a similar situation but I will check that out though.

The queue I run is boscov's, big lots, furniture row, hezberg diamonds, and guitar center. But theres like 30 private label cards financed by cap one....

And I am always subject to be wrong lol.

Message 19 of 28
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Just received my first credit card in seven yrs

@erniepotts01 wrote:

Nordstrom may have its own bank but may be "serviced" through cap one....Yamaha motors has a similar situation but I will check that out though.

The queue I run is boscov's, big lots, furniture row, hezberg diamonds, and guitar center. But theres like 30 private label cards financed by cap one....

And I am always subject to be wrong lol.

I think you are wrong with Nordstrom.  Not only are they their own bank but they service their own cc's. 

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.