Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just received a pre-approval for Home Depot

tag
lithium78
Established Contributor

Just received a pre-approval for Home Depot

I just received a pre-approval for the Home Depot card, which surprises me because I had an unpaid charge-off with Citi in 1996 and Citi backs that card.  Does this mean that I'm in the clear with Citi now?

I'm not going to apply for the card, because I don't own a house, so I don't have much need for supplies from Home Depot at this time, but it was nice to get a pre-approval for something.  I guess I'm making a lot of progress.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Smug
Established Contributor

Re: Just received a pre-approval for Home Depot

Lol, I got one too, the declined me....don't even try.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 2 of 4
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Just received a pre-approval for Home Depot

@lithium78 wrote:

I just received a pre-approval for the Home Depot card, which surprises me because I had an unpaid charge-off with Citi in 1996 and Citi backs that card.  Does this mean that I'm in the clear with Citi now?

I'm not going to apply for the card, because I don't own a house, so I don't have much need for supplies from Home Depot at this time, but it was nice to get a pre-approval for something.  I guess I'm making a lot of progress.

Maybe not.  I have a CO with CIT card for 2008.     I also got a pre-approval for Home Depot and it was approved.   I also was approved for another store card backed by CITI the month before.  

I have been getting weekly preapprovals for various CITI (Thank You, Simplicity, Diamond) and gave it a shot.   Denied, basically because of the charge off. 

So I think the blacklisting does not apply to store cards.

Message 3 of 4
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: Just received a pre-approval for Home Depotgot the same

I got the same mailing. Tossed it.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.