cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just recieved Amex Green Card. SHOULD I SWITCH?

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Just recieved Amex Green Card. SHOULD I SWITCH?

@garci349 wrote:

Hi Ron,

I just recieved this card 2 months ago. Do I still have options? IM A NEWBIE!

I think you have to wait 1 years for product change under new credit card law or wait 6 months to apply for another Amex card.

Ron.

Message 11 of 14
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@garci349 wrote:

Hi Ron,

I just recieved this card 2 months ago. Do I still have options? IM A NEWBIE!

I think you have to wait 1 years for product change under new credit card law or wait 6 months to apply for another Amex card.

Ron.

You don't have to wait 6 months to app for a new credit product with Amex.  The wait is only required if you are denied approval.  Then one must wait 30 days before one can apply for anything else with Amex.  You can app and app away till denied with Amex.  I wouldn't recommend it though. Smiley Happy.  The 6 month wait is in between CLI request.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 12 of 14
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 13 of 14
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

OP

Wait 1 year to try and PC your Green to Gold or Plat Charge card (both have higher AF and both offer rewards) ( You can NOT PC your charge card to a revolver type CC)

OR

You could apply for a revolver CC you want RIGHT NOW!  You do not have to wait, unless you have been declined, which you have not.  If you ARE DECLINED, it will only be a SP.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.