cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just recieved my Amex Zync with Chip and Signature

tag
allensimmons1714

Just recieved my Amex Zync with Chip and Signature

I guess they are getting them out before the 30th.

long live the unicorn !!!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
awp317
Frequent Contributor

Re: Just recieved my Amex Zync with Chip and Signature

amex zync? never heard of it. I do know that I called and asked for a chip and signature platinum, they had it out to me the next morning. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 2 of 13
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

@awp317 wrote:

amex zync? never heard of it. I do know that I called and asked for a chip and signature platinum, they had it out to me the next morning. 

It's the White Amex, they have suspended applications for the card and the chip was only going to be available on or after October 31st. In any case, congrats!

Message 3 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@allensimmons1714 wrote:

Doesn't the Zync have something like a 2.7% Forex fee? Smiley Happy

Don't think I'll be requesting the Chip personally for mine heh.

        
Message 4 of 13
chan85
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@allensimmons1714 wrote:

It does... Smiley Frustrated

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 5 of 13
nyancat
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@allensimmons1714 wrote:

The point of EMV (chip) cards isn't just to aid foreign travel, it's to help protect against skimming. Even if the magnetic stripe is copied, it can't be used "as-is" in a chip terminal. Sure, there's plenty of non-chip terminals left in the world, but it helps. Even with the US NOT on chip, it reduces the value and usablity of skimmed data sent overseas.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 6 of 13
js0319
Established Contributor

I requested my PRG with the EMV chip on Sunday, and received it Tuesday morning.

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 7 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@nyancat wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@allensimmons1714 wrote:

The point of EMV (chip) cards isn't just to aid foreign travel, it's to help protect against skimming. Even if the magnetic stripe is copied, it can't be used "as-is" in a chip terminal. Sure, there's plenty of non-chip terminals left in the world, but it helps. Even with the US NOT on chip, it reduces the value and usablity of skimmed data sent overseas.

How many people in the US that have had their CC used fraudulently, was ever from an international user, or if it was, wasn't at an online store of some sort?

Still not seeing the value personally Smiley Happy.  Maybe someday in the future but by that time I suspect my Zync will be promoted to collectors item rather than big purchase card.

        
Message 8 of 13
nyancat
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

How many people in the US that have had their CC used fraudulently, was ever from an international user, or if it was, wasn't at an online store of some sort?

Still not seeing the value personally Smiley Happy.  Maybe someday in the future but by that time I suspect my Zync will be promoted to collectors item rather than big purchase card.

Absolutely, there's not MUCH value in it until 90% of US transactions are on EMV-enabled terminals (as opposed to significantly under 1% today). But any extra protection is nice to have.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 9 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@nyancat wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@allensimmons1714 wrote:

So the fact that the card has a chip is encoded on the stripe as well?  I thought the readers detected the chip from the chip, and that is what blocks the use of the stripe, but maybe not, because otherwise I could just clone the stripe onto a non-chip card.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.