cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just requested CLI from Citi Simplicity

tag
kathski

Just requested CLI from Citi Simplicity

I got my citi simplicity card when my score was around 640-650 last december and they only gave me a limit of $500. As of today, my CB is $233 and i tried to CLI and i got an offer for $500 which increases my CL to $1000 without pulling my credit. I've never had a late payment and my CB only got over 50% of my limit for short period of time since we usually pay it off. Did they give me this low of a CLI because they're still basing it on my low score when i applied?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Just requested CLI from Citi Simplicity

@kathski wrote:

I got my citi simplicity card when my score was around 640-650 last december and they only gave me a limit of $500. As of today, my CB is $233 and i tried to CLI and i got an offer for $500 which increases my CL to $1000 without pulling my credit. I've never had a late payment and my CB only got over 50% of my limit for short period of time since we usually pay it off. Did they give me this low of a CLI because they're still basing it on my low score when i applied?

Credit cards soft you on a regular basis, so they are probably basing that on your overall credit report. Did they offer a possible higher CLI w/a HP? Sometimes they might offer a nominal CLI w/o a HP, but for a bigger CLI, they require a HP.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 3
tbolt2
Contributor

Re: Just requested CLI from Citi Simplicity

Based on my recent experience with Citi CLI - I doubt it. However, they still may not be using current data.

At the beginning of this month, Citi denied a request for a CLI on my wife's card based on JULY credit data. I don't know how often they do the account review inquiriy/soft pulls, but IME at least, it's not monthly....or at the time of the CLI request.

Starting Score: 534 11/09
Current Score: FICO 652 05/11
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.