kathski

Just requested CLI from Citi Simplicity

I got my citi simplicity card when my score was around 640-650 last december and they only gave me a limit of $500. As of today, my CB is $233 and i tried to CLI and i got an offer for $500 which increases my CL to $1000 without pulling my credit. I've never had a late payment and my CB only got over 50% of my limit for short period of time since we usually pay it off. Did they give me this low of a CLI because they're still basing it on my low score when i applied?

Current Score: EQ: 740 TU: 758 EX: 684 as of 12/23/13
Chase Freedom 4000 | Local CU Visa 3000 | Citi Simplicity 2000
Senior Contributor
bichonmom

Re: Just requested CLI from Citi Simplicity

kathski wrote:

I got my citi simplicity card when my score was around 640-650 last december and they only gave me a limit of $500. As of today, my CB is $233 and i tried to CLI and i got an offer for $500 which increases my CL to $1000 without pulling my credit. I've never had a late payment and my CB only got over 50% of my limit for short period of time since we usually pay it off. Did they give me this low of a CLI because they're still basing it on my low score when i applied?

Credit cards soft you on a regular basis, so they are probably basing that on your overall credit report. Did they offer a possible higher CLI w/a HP? Sometimes they might offer a nominal CLI w/o a HP, but for a bigger CLI, they require a HP.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Contributor
tbolt2

Re: Just requested CLI from Citi Simplicity

Based on my recent experience with Citi CLI - I doubt it. However, they still may not be using current data.

At the beginning of this month, Citi denied a request for a CLI on my wife's card based on JULY credit data. I don't know how often they do the account review inquiriy/soft pulls, but IME at least, it's not monthly....or at the time of the CLI request.

Starting Score: 534 11/09
Current Score: FICO 652 05/11
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}