Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just slammed by Comenity Bank

tag
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

Re: Just slammed by Comenity Bank

@Anonymous wrote:

Ill keep my fingers crossed for you!!!!  A note to all though...commenity will sp eq AND ex, monthly...and they are just looking looking for a reason......

Commenity's new policies make chase and amex look like fingerhut

I say F@#k em...

Just smoked my 4th

Gregg

Thank you for the sentiment. As far as Comenity closing my accts, I'm not concerned, I don't mean to sound arrogant but if the close them then I don't have to worry everytime I go to use my card that it might be denied. There's a good side to everything, just have to look from a different angle.

Sorry you smoked your 4th cig, you know those things will kill you & everyone around you. 

Message 41 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two months ago I got a rejection from them from the SCT with Eddie Bauer. Would have been my first card with them. Within two weeks I had a new PRG, CSP, and Citi DC. Sounds like I dodged a bullet. The real banks liked me. Scores were 725-735 then.

Message 42 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol...I used to drink....so im down to three.....(4..maybe 5)

Back in december cap one shut down all 4 of my cards....over 30K in credit. Always PIF...never late...right before xmas....I was devastated....literally. Through the love on this board I was able to come to the realization that we cannot live as slaves to the creditors,,,all we can do is handle our responsibilities accordingly...pay the bill..do whats right..etc...

credit is important....but it isnt family....its not life or death.....and its not love   

Gregg

Message 43 of 158
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Back in december cap one shut down all 4 of my cards....over 30K in credit. Always PIF...never late...right before xmas....I was devastated....literally. Through the love on this board I was able to come to the realization that we cannot live as slaves to the creditors,,,all we can do is handle our responsibilities accordingly...pay the bill..do whats right..etc...

credit is important....but it isnt family....its not life or death.....and its not love   

Gregg

Amen ....Well said

Message 44 of 158
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

When it comes to my credit, I have a strict door policy, ID's will be scrutinized at the door. Currently banned: Comenity, Barclays and BBVA.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 45 of 158
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Discover2016 wrote:

When it comes to my credit, I have a strict door policy, ID's will be scrutinized at the door. Currently banned: Comenity, Barclays and BBVA.

Smiley LOL Comenity and Barclays for me as well!

Message 46 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity Bank got nailed with not one, but several law suits and settlements late last year. Google "Commenity Bank" and hit the news tab. Eye opening. Looks like they participated in a mariad of crappy behavior like robo calls, unauthorized credit protection product add-ons, etc. My guess is they are reorganizing and/or changinfg their lending strategy as a result? Just speculation on my part, but it seems like something is going on over there. 

Message 47 of 158
msbia
Established Contributor

Excpa I hate this happened to you, especially with your scores. I can't with Comenity with the ONE exception of my Elder-Beerman card. They will have to pry that out of my cold dead hand lol. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 48 of 158
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Gregg

I think your story is important because there's a wide misconception that Capital One will never do AA, which is just untrue. Are they less prone to it than some other lenders,  at least anecdotally? Sure. But the only "real" way to avoid AA is to avoid behavior that can cause it, regardless of lender.

In this particular thread it seems OP was just a victim of Comenity tightening things up vs anything specific they did, but who knows? At least OP doesn't seem too upset over it.

You're right though. Ultimately, it's not life or death, and most of us have more credit than we need and/or cards we barely use, so if it happens, it happens. Nothing one can do about it except learn and move forward. I do think your point about living as a slave to a creditor is valid too. I see too many people posting "will Barclay's like me if I do this? Does Discover love this? I swiped Capital One to give them some love because I want a CLI!"....ultimately, it's business and the  creditors really couldn't care less about you as a person so why go out of your way to "please" them or their algorithims? Live your life and pay your bills. The rest will fall into place. No need to stress about "pleasing Barclay's" etc. If they don't like you with your organic spending habits then move on.

Message 49 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very sorry to hear this, OP. How many inquiries do you have on EQ and EX? A number of inquiries is usually a common denominator when this happens.

Message 50 of 158
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.