Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just so I'm clear please!?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Just so I'm clear please!?

Spend is better on Freedom Unlimited or United. (I'm Silver Elite) with United if that affects the choice??

Thanks travel pros!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just so I'm clear please!?

@Creditaddict wrote:

Spend is better on Freedom Unlimited or United. (I'm Silver Elite) with United if that affects the choice??

Thanks travel pros!

Do you have a UR-transferrable card like the Sapphire Preferred? If so, the Freedom Unlimited makes more sense mathematically since it earns 1.5 UR points per dollar, which transfers 1:1 to United. Obviously 1.5 miles is greater than 1 mile.

If you just have the Freedom Unlimited and no way to transfer your URs into travel programs, you have to decide for yourself if 1.5% cash back is more valuable than 1 mile per dollar with United. The major sites seem to put United points at 1.4c/mile but it could be much more or less depending on how you'd use them. Me, I'd rather have the cash.

The other benefits of the United card probably aren't worth it to you since you already get a checked bag with Silver Elite status anyway.

Message 2 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yes we have an ink
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good thread OP.

I want to get the United card but it only earns 1 mile per dollar on everyday purchases...
Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I got it because with Marriott Platinum you get Silver Elite status with United but wasn't think it would probably be a good daily use card but trying to decide what I should use daily instead of Ritz as it seems after $10k spend a year it's not the best besides the vanity of I love the metal card!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.