Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just told US Bank goodbye!

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Just told US Bank goodbye!

Diversify diversify. Don't sweat it OP! They're not the only game in town! Good riddance! Smiley Mad
Message 11 of 91
elim
Senior Contributor

i think i would have just cut em up and do the perma-SD. whatever works for you...

congrats on the clean break    :]     keeping the positive lenders around as it looks like you don't need those cards anyway

Message 12 of 91
mikelo22
Established Contributor

Grumpy Cat

I am no fan of US Bank either.

Message 13 of 91
sccredit
Valued Contributor

In looking at your card mix you have done quite well with Credit Unions, USAA and store card limits.  However, you opened 6 cards in one year and they had, from what they saw, high exposure without reciprocal risk from big banks.  Fow whatever reason "big banks" (as you like to call them) don't give as much credence to credit unions and non mainstream creditors as they do other "big banks".  

I have personal and business banking and credit relationships with US Bank  As far as a bank they are great, their credit cards and credit customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

One thing to ALWAYS remember is the first part of my signature, NEVER TAKE CREDIT PERSONALLY

Message 14 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unreal ... noticed in the last several months the new easier credit is getting tightened. A little over a year ago we were not hearing much about FR's IRS Form 4506 and people getting CLD or closed. Seems to be the new me. Sorry to hear what they did and I worry now myself. Truth, starting January 2015 US Bank has successfully nerfed about the best card in the industry and also Chase is trying hard to nerf the CSP. Citi eliminated virtually every card of value except the Citi DC MC. Boy does the credit pendulum swing ... well there is my rant!
Message 15 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's definately up to the bank to cut limits, and they all have their own thresholds that will trigger it. That's their right to do so.

I do think it's pathetic when they can't be bothered to send an email at least notifying you of the change. I've never had a CLD, but i might react the same as the OP if i wasn't notified of it.

In todays world where we get email notifications when a neighbor farts, i don't think it's too much to ask.

Message 16 of 91
patrick00032001
Regular Contributor

Banks can buy software, and monitor all they want for risk, but heres the thing, NO bank will ever be able to predict who is a better risk than say another, things happen, people get killed in accidents, get stricken with illnesses, lose jobs, ect...., they can monitor all they want, losses happen, there isnt any software out there that can give them 100% peace of mind, heres an idea, how about sensible banking, lay off the crack pipe, and worry about those who run up credit cards, or default with other creditors, banks dont realize this, but sometimes, they hurt themselves more in the long run being so paranoid about taking losses, if you are that afraid, then get out of the business of issuing credit cards and let some other instituion take over the market, customer service means nothing anymore, thats whats hitting home with me, again, why I love my local bank and credit union, they have better things to do, than to set and play big brother with how I conduct my personal business.

Discover IT $32,500, Chase Freedom $1,000.00, Sears Mastercard $10,000, Wal-Mart DC $10,000.00, Kohl's $3,000.00, Chase Slate $52,000.00, 3 Rivers FCU Platinum Mastercard $25,000.00, IU Credit Union $25,000.00, Penfed LOC $25,000.00, Fort Financial CU $15,000.00, Home Depot $22,000.00, Lowe's $20,000.00, Penfed Power Cash Rewards $25,000.00, PenFed Travel Amex $25,000.00, Value City Furniture $10,000.00, PNC Points Visa Signature $15,000.00, GM Buy Power card $5,000.00, BOA 123 Visa Siggy, $62,000.00, Citi DC $15,000.00, GM Extended Family $3,000.00, Fire, Police, City, County, FCU $10,000.00, TU 791, Eq 765, Exp 772

Message 17 of 91
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@ArmyVietVet wrote:
 Truth, starting January 2015 US Bank has successfully nerfed about the best card in the industry 

The Cash Plus nerfing startefd way before that!  It originally had no caps, bill pay, airfair and home improvement 5% categories, no limit on $25 bonuses, and extra bonuses for a banking relationship.   Then it (along with Amex Blue Cash) was about the best card in the industry.

The most recent change impacts a lot of people I guess, but compared to the prior changes, seems very small.   If you max out the restaurant category, the card goes from $400 a year to $160 a year.  Yes, $240 a year, but then, if you are spending $150 a week in restaurants, can't be THAT critical!

Message 18 of 91
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

I am glad you were able to get it off your chest to them, sometimes that just feels good.  Just out of curiousity, not that it's really our business though, did you really get use out of the CLs they set for you?  Or, did you use it for an over all utilization?   Maybe I am in the minority, but I just feel banking is also a two way street.  If I am not "helping their bottom line" as much as they are trying to get me to and they cut my CL because of it, I really don't have much complaint.  I am not saying that you didn't, just saying how I would feel.  

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 19 of 91
patrick00032001
Regular Contributor

I really only utilized this card heavily at Kroger stores and gas stations, it was US Bank who set my credit line at $17,000.00 when I was originally approved for it, did I apply for the card to help with utiliztion? No, honestly for the rewards, nothing on my credit profile has really changed since then, other than a few new accounts, if they wanted to lower my credit line, how about an email, phone call, or a letter? Courtesy should mean something, its quite tacky for a bank to lower credit lines on credit quality people, let alone not have the decency to at least inform them of it. The kept soliciting me for this card for about a year until I finally bit, then not even a year later they shake me down and treat me as a risk? No thank you, play your games somewhere else!

Discover IT $32,500, Chase Freedom $1,000.00, Sears Mastercard $10,000, Wal-Mart DC $10,000.00, Kohl's $3,000.00, Chase Slate $52,000.00, 3 Rivers FCU Platinum Mastercard $25,000.00, IU Credit Union $25,000.00, Penfed LOC $25,000.00, Fort Financial CU $15,000.00, Home Depot $22,000.00, Lowe's $20,000.00, Penfed Power Cash Rewards $25,000.00, PenFed Travel Amex $25,000.00, Value City Furniture $10,000.00, PNC Points Visa Signature $15,000.00, GM Buy Power card $5,000.00, BOA 123 Visa Siggy, $62,000.00, Citi DC $15,000.00, GM Extended Family $3,000.00, Fire, Police, City, County, FCU $10,000.00, TU 791, Eq 765, Exp 772

Message 20 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.