Reply
Moderator Emeritus
llecs
Posts: 32,881
Registered: ‎08-04-2007
0

Just turned down for a CLI request at Bloomingdales

First time I ever got turned down for a request. I had asked for $600 on a $0 balance $2300 CL store card. I asked if there was something wrong with the account or if I did anything wrong and he said it was too soon between the last CLI on 2/3/09. Since that date, 4 statements were cut (on the 11th) and 4 payments were made. He told me to try back in July.

I was going to call Macys and ask too but decided to hold off. I has been since August since I last used either card.
Regular Contributor
tunseeker1
Posts: 108
Registered: ‎04-06-2008
0

Re: Just turned down for a CLI request at Bloomingdales

Why do you want a CLI?
Moderator Emeritus
llecs
Posts: 32,881
Registered: ‎08-04-2007
0

Re: Just turned down for a CLI request at Bloomingdales

Higher CLs begat higher CLs. Also, while I'm paying down CCs fairly rapidly, I don't have util down where it should be and any CLI would help.
Frequent Contributor
74king
Posts: 403
Registered: ‎04-08-2009
0

Re: Just turned down for a CLI request at Bloomingdales


llecs wrote:
Higher CLs begat higher CLs. Also, while I'm paying down CCs fairly rapidly, I don't have util down where it should be and any CLI would help.

You have never been more RIGHT. The higher your limits other's want to match or go beyond. It's like a competition between lenders.:smileysurprised: who woulda thought

Equifax 787, TransUnion 793, Experian ? FAKO--> Who Cares
Established Contributor
Susyquk
Posts: 504
Registered: ‎03-27-2009
0

Re: Just turned down for a CLI request at Bloomingdales


llecs wrote:

I was going to call Macys and ask too but decided to hold off. I has been since August since I last used either card.

One of my closest friends called Macys today - it had been 3.5months since her last GLI with them - she hasn't used the account in 6 month, has a zero balance and CL was $2000.  They increased it to $3600 without a hard pull and then invited her to have a Macys CC too (that one was a store card) - the CC did have a hard pull but they gave her the CL right then of $3600 on that also.  So for one hard pull she got a new card and an overall CLI of $5200... I wanna be her right now

Established Contributor
Ulan
Posts: 790
Registered: ‎09-09-2008
0

Re: Just turned down for a CLI request at Bloomingdales


74king wrote:

llecs wrote:
Higher CLs begat higher CLs. Also, while I'm paying down CCs fairly rapidly, I don't have util down where it should be and any CLI would help.

You have never been more RIGHT. The higher your limits other's want to match or go beyond. It's like a competition between lenders.:smileysurprised: who woulda thought


Funny enough, PenFed seems to have changed that just now. I have seen two reports of people who got denied for the PenFed rewards card because they "already have enough revolving credit" today.

Senior Contributor
score_building
Posts: 3,532
Registered: ‎01-10-2008
0

Re: Just turned down for a CLI request at Bloomingdales


Ulan wrote:


74king wrote:


llecs wrote:
Higher CLs begat higher CLs. Also, while I'm paying down CCs fairly rapidly, I don't have util down where it should be and any CLI would help.


You have never been more RIGHT. The higher your limits other's want to match or go beyond. It's like a competition between lenders.:smileysurprised: who woulda thought


Funny enough, PenFed seems to have changed that just now. I have seen two reports of people who got denied for the PenFed rewards card because they "already have enough revolving credit" today.


 

'enough revolving credit' is not an uncommon reason used by issuers, incl boa etc. for some time.  in some cases it appears to really mean 'we are not going to give you any/more credit'.  after receiving the 'enough credit response, i was approved for thrree 5-7.5k cards from 3 other issuers FWIW.

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+